Ross McGregor Dominates RDMC Season 10

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDMC_S10-1b.jpg

British sim racer Ross McGregor dominates latest RaceDepartment Mini Challenge Championship as racing draws to a close for another season.

@Ross McGregor and rjmautosport wrapped up the tenth RaceDepartment Mini Challenge title in convincing style at Oulton Park Fosters recently, securing an incredible five pole positions and six race victories from across the six event season schedule.

With McGregor out front showing the rest of the field how it's done, it was left to the remaining 28 competitors to provide some incredible door to door racing action as the field progressed through a selection of beautifully created British racing tracks.

RDMC_S10-2b.jpg

From Oulton Park to Brands Hatch the 10th season of Mini Challenge was a raging success. Big shout out must go to all the drivers who took park in the series, especially those lucky enough to secure a podium position in what has been an incredibly hard fought season out on track. With only seven drivers able to step on to the rostrum and qualifying grids separated by mere tenths of a second, RDMC has been a perfect showcase for some of the best front wheel driver racers currently in sim racing.

As well as the dramatic action out on track we must also give credit to our exceptionally talented broadcast team, who did an outstanding job presenting action on track in their usual informative and entertaining way for our viewers on Twitch and YouTube. Another stella season for racing fans both on track and on screen.

RD Mini Challenge | Round 6 Oulton Park Fosters - Season Finale
If season 10 was an undoubted high point for RDMC then season 11 should be something truly epic to behold. We have a couple of very exciting surprises lined up for the next edition of this series, but you'll have to stick around until to time is right for an announcement on that one...

Great driving, great presentation, great organisation, great cars and a wonderful simulation in Automobilista. If season 10 was awesome, then season 11 is going to be something very special indeed.

Until next time, see you all out on track!

RDMC_S10-3.jpg

Provisional RDMC Season 10 Final Championship Results:

Ross McGregor - rjmautosport - 127
Shawn Jacobs - SpeedyMite Racing - 96
Franklin Stegink - Bose Stegink Racing - 72
Thomas Hinss - Copenhagen APEX - 63
Tamas Pazsy - Banzaaaiii TCC - 58
Pavel Koshkin - SR Team - 56
Mark Breslin - Mighty Forth - 48
Steve Kenwood - Mid Pack Racing - 38
Mike McGeer - M2RACING - 36
Geoffrey Fournier - rjmautosport - 35
Steve Le Gallez - LG Racing - 30
Paul Joseph - Mighty Forth - 26
Alex Schmurtz - SpeedyMite Racing - 21
Sergio Mengual - Golosina Racing - 19
John Souter - Roaring Pipes Maniacs - 15
Nick Sayers - Subito Motorsport - 15
Enzo Fazzi - Revolution Racing - 13
Yapci Zamora - M Team - 9
Jazz Forsberg - STAX Racing - 7
Rob Milliken - FKR - 5
Andrew Waring - STAX Racing - 1
Dennis Phelan - Team Margarita - 1
Ingemar Petersson - Petersson Racing - 1
Bram Hengeveld - Roaring Pipes Maniacs - 1
Christian Schumann - KiB-Racing Division - 0
Catalin Sasu - Celtic - 0
Norman Bruce - Team Margarita - 0
Jose Vasconcelos - Team Old Man - 0
Leon Charmant - LC Motorsport - 0

More details on the upcoming season of the incredibly popular RDMC will be revealed in due course. You can check out the RD Mini Challenge sub forum for all the history behind this outstanding season, or join up in one of our popular Automobilista club racing events and find out for yourself what everyone has been raving about.

Enjoyed RDMC Season 10? Interested in becoming involved in the action next season? Let us know in the comments section below!

Shotgun number 2 for next season :roflmao: I'm hoping running the number 2 will be enough for the racing gods to stop placing me in 2nd and I'll finally get that win :) it was a fantastic season and I for one will definitely be signing up for season 11.

I look forward to seeing all the familiar faces on track and hopefully a whole heap of new ones as well! Would be great to be able to see 30+ drivers in every race!

See you all in season 11

Congrats for the title Ross, you've been incredible all season long; so consistent, no mistake what so ever… and fast! Too bad for Shawn: you really had the pace too, you kept trying, I thought you had done it at Silverstone up to that famous last corner pass…

Thanks to RD for organizing such a league, it was so well done. The calendar was great, having the fuel set at x2 and tyres at x1 was just brilliant imho: we were forced to pit because of fuel but different tyres strategies were possible, that was a nice bonus! Of course the broadcast were really well done, very professional. I do hope it will bring more people in for next season. Because of course the main point is the pleasure to be with others on track; spectators are probably not aware that despite battling hard for position, most of us are connected on TeamSpeack and the banter is as strong as ever! :roflmao: And after battling so hard, Ross and Shawn will now be teammate in RDLMS, nice spirit! :thumbsup:

Looking forward season 11!

Anyone said next year with thrustmaster or vesaro prizes???:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

This was great. First league for me but I hope it won't be last! Thanks to all RD people who made it possible.

And congrats to mid and backpackers! There is were it's at! That fast guys don't know the joy of spinning the car and loss lot of positions in a second gear turn:D

Thanks all for the kind words. I'd like to come back for season 11, but it depends on what tracks we'll be using. You really can't beat the classic British tracks we had this season - although donington and knockhill would've been great additions! This was my first proper attempt at a league for a year or two, so I didn't know what to expect results-wise.

Thanks again to the organisers and comms team, it was a very professionally run series overall!

Congratulations Ross McGregor :)
Doesn't come as a big surprise to me though :thumbsup:
Having been on a Le Mans team with him for the last 3 years and seen that jaw dropping high speed consistency lap after lap day or night---this Mini Championship end result was more ore less easy to predict---Well done...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back