AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup (Live Stream) @ Imola - Friday April 14, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys I want to make one thing very clear. I have now spend a full hour with Rupe to check who is actually present and who is missing and honestly that is starting to frustrate me piss me off. This means no time to practice, no time to qualify or race. Hardly time to help out the awesome drivers that are present (kudos :D) on the server and on teamspeak. These events are too help rookies and instead I am crawling through pages of text to see who should be in which server.

We are all adults here and when you sign up we expect you to be present. Those that are missing I'll put on my no show list and don't need to sign up anymore for my future events unless you have a very good reason why you weren't present.

From the next event onwards ill continue with a zero tolerance policy, when you sign up you are present at the start of the qualy and participate in the race. We don't ask much from our drivers, only to perform their hobby for 60 minutes ;)

To all the other drivers that were present (90%): thank you and have a great night of racing guys. If server 1 is as great as server 2 is I am sure you had a laugh as well :)

Hi guys. Another strange 'race' this week. I know I'm in fault. Had the game only 1 day, had no time enough to learn all the things. Had no teamspeak because i don't have micro speaker set yet. Did not see the mesage or chat in game. May be I'm getting to old for those things
Sorry again for the trouble
Cu next round, have a very strange voice

Sorry, I had a power cut and wiped me out <10 mins from the end. Everyone was glitching so apologies if I hit anyone. Good racing with a couple of guys, not sure who you were. Next time..cheers

The chatter in TS was absolutely awful for long periods during the race on server 1! I know its friday and we are to have a fun time but really? Sudden shouts, swearing, sharp noices is truly annoying and made me (as sucky I am at this) several times loose it and going off the track.
And before us backmarkers even had finished several just left the server. Maybe we should have a second server always, for us that aren't as fast?

Maybe we should have a second server always, for us that aren't as fast?
not saying that i belong to this group, but i do think that it's a bit odd that this is a series for rookies, and there are people just driving 2 seconds faster than everyone else, that's quite demotivating. i don't like seeing that i'm 46 seconds behind the leader after a 30 minute race, how will the real rookies feel then?

Bit disappointing for my first race :( since I got wiped out by another driver, will sort via PM though.

Also echoing Lars' comments, was there anyone else actually using paddles, that car was a pain to handle with them :unsure: looking at the lap times even 20th was going 2:10, I couldn't get near that in qualifying even.

Thanks a lot guys...A great way to spend a Friday evening...I'm trying to decide if I can hold off the beer next Friday (payday) lol and join up...The Highlands is my fave road.
All the best to everyone who beat me on server 2 (that would be all of you...again).

Today just wasn't my day :( Some pretty horrible driving from me throughout the race.. At the start I felt somewhat confident in my pace as I was starting from P3, but right from the start the game decided to not put me into first gear which meant I lost like 8 positions.. and it went downhill from there. Some unnecessary contact (I would especially like to apologize to @Mehmet Arikan for that rear end in turn 2) and generally awful decisions that ended up with me facing the wrong way twice and nearly taking @MTBR2001 out with my shoddy rejoin but he did excelent job avoding me.. I ended up in p12 in the end but I still enjoyed the race and I managed to get my laps into mid 2:07s so I'm happy with that :)
@Arcon I promised you that I will upload the replay, so here it is ;) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7AM_MVObCbWZzRQZWF0ZFZ0cDg/view?usp=sharing As I said, the entire race with majority of the qualy is there.. enjoy :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 267 13.6%