AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Barcelona GP(Live Stream) - Friday 12th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I would like to join the race. This would be my first race with you guys, I have no preference on which server so do what suits you best. About me, I'm slow like hell but fair and clean. I'll be on teamspeak as well but my English is like my driving skill so I won't speak too much. See you then!

wooops, almost missed you there sorry for that...:redface:
Big thumbs up for racing with us, thats what these rookie events are for, over the last few weeks many drivers who have not raced online in RD before have all said, wow this is ace, i wish id done this sooner, Public servers can be so bad at times and leave a foul taste in the mouth, and often that was there only experience of racing online..
Dont worry about the speed that will come over time, i will put you in server 2, hopefully you will have a great time, :)

All you have to do is remember our simple rules, Found HERE
the fact you have already mentioned Tspeak shows me you have read the Race post.
Please don't be afraid to ask if you need anything also, there are plenty of guys who love to help out.

Last edited:
Hi guys
Had a great race at Brands so IN please.
Server 2 :thumbsup:
"Let's make server 2 ... server 1 again" :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Signed up to server 2,
I was looking ahead the whole race for you last week, i did not realize you and Denis were behind me and catching,
I was in my own race with f1 and Hape... the 30 mins went so quickly...

Crashes do happen, its what you do after the crash that's important
So a Reminder to all drivers...
If you crash, Do not just pull back out back on track and spoil another drivers race.
Wait for a big enough gap and get back up to speed off the racing line!!!!

Yes this was my "surprise move". Qualy high than hide in bushes :ninja: off road (preferably in some tricky corner) than BAM I'm in your tail hunting you down :cool: (my other personality it is jetfighter pilot). Watch your back at Barca :roflmao::roflmao:.
Side note: hardly for me to find a track I hate more :O_o:

Last edited:
Ooops
I was looking at this track for HistorX... maybe ill give it a miss then..:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

After getting tagged in turn 1, and spinning round i was expecting to be right at the back of the field, but somehow got going and was mid field.. the guys at the front had long gone, but after a few laps i was catching guys up... Race on.......

Only one thinkg I don't understand. Why racers with 15 year experience participating in these rookie events? So I don't see any difference between for example Porsche cup and this MX-5 cup. The same people, only cars are different. :confused:

Ok having some quick guys in the server allows us slower guys to see where they are quick, we can observe gears used for each corner, the lines they take, breaking points, the list goes on..
And they have also paid a premium membership and i would hate to say to any driver you are not welcome to race.
Now if they are only there to show how fast they are or to get a cheap win over us rookies/slower drivers... well that's a bit sad really and i hope that is not the case. You can always ask them as many questions as you like whilst trying to improve your lap times in practice.. and i hope they oblige and help.. if not let a member of staff know and we will intervene..
But they must also have a race with a few guys, so 5 or 6 fast guys is not so much of a issue really, and we do have Server 2 for us rookies.. But last week we was all doing really good and showing we are not so slow...
The journey to the checkered flag is way more important than the position you achieve

As Rupe already said, these events are not just so that all slow drivers have a race with each other but also that we can learn, observe and ask how to get faster/overtake etc.
In the first race I was really slow, was one of the last.
This week in Spa I got 8th, started from 9th.
The winner was about 1s faster than me and I am happy about it! I can watch the replay with pedal-app active and learn from him :)

BUT I know how you feel! Sometimes I wish for a race where I would have a chance to win. But then you need to think about it. Is it really about winning? I always have the fun of my life here and have great battles no matter on which position! Sure, would be nice to win but how would you want to decide who is allowed to race in "The slow race"? :speechless:

Im happy to read the spirit of racing in every of your words !!!

I think the question came up because things did'nt went so well on track for the experts, caused by our rookie driving. I ended up on last position (17) because my brakes where locked at 5 to 7% most of the time, i was the perfect blocker and even did not understood why ;). AND, I forgot that the blue flag was signed out for me and defended my pos against first place :O_o: -> noob :thumbsdown: -> yes :thumbsup:-> sry4that !!! :roflmao: Anyhow, i have been overtaken several times but i could "feel" the comments by some breeding sounds in Tspeak :ninja:. Not everyone may smile at this moment of the race. Not the expert- nor the rookieRacer!

Some guyes also got turned out and commented a bad race, but i can revert these arguments -> I was the last on track and had a lot of fun with the front of the field :devilish::devilish::devilish:

You are on the list.

Ok having some quick guys in the server allows us slower guys to see where they are quick, we can observe gears used for each corner, the lines they take, breaking points, the list goes on..
And they have also paid a premium membership and i would hate to say to any driver you are not welcome to race.
Now if they are only there to show how fast they are or to get a cheap win over us rookies/slower drivers... well that's a bit sad really and i hope that is not the case. You can always ask them as many questions as you like whilst trying to improve your lap times in practice.. and i hope they oblige and help.. if not let a member of staff know and we will intervene..
But they must also have a race with a few guys, so 5 or 6 fast guys is not so much of a issue really, and we do have Server 2 for us rookies.. But last week we was all doing really good and showing we are not so slow...

Also as a foot note, Some guys even with many years of driving (me) are not so quick, yes i can put in the odd fast lap, but consistency is key, i can race close to your bumper, but alien speed i was not gifted with. But i just love to race in a relaxed atmosphere (gentleman racers rule.). So for me server 2 is perfect. you will also see we have a group of guys from the HistorX club who whilst being quick and consistent and are all very helpful (you know who you are) for me they set the benchmark on how racing should be done in RD club.

The journey to the checkered flag is way more important than the position you achieve
Amen and amen

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years