AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Barcelona GP(Live Stream) - Friday 12th May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm in.
Only one thinkg I don't understand. Why racers with 15 year experience participating in these rookie events? So I don't see any difference between for example Porsche cup and this MX-5 cup. The same people, only cars are different. :confused:

Yes please, server 2 :)
in please :)
In of course! :) Streaming Second Server this week ;)
Server 2 please
In please!
In please
me too pls!
(if there are 2 servers, pls on server 2)
thx
Server 2 please. Really enjoyed the Brands race.
@Rupe Wilson. Had a boat load of fun at the last race so sign me up for this one on server 2 please. :thumbsup:
Server 2 please!!
In in in!
im IN - 4 server 2 please :thumbsup:

Sorry for the grouping but you are all on the list in server1 or server2 as requested guys :)

Sign me up please for server 2. Really enjoyed the race on Brands hatch and you'll need someone to be in last place, may as well be me ;)

I'm in.
Only one thinkg I don't understand. Why racers with 15 year experience participating in these rookie events? So I don't see any difference between for example Porsche cup and this MX-5 cup. The same people, only cars are different. :confused:
You are on the list.

Ok having some quick guys in the server allows us slower guys to see where they are quick, we can observe gears used for each corner, the lines they take, breaking points, the list goes on..
And they have also paid a premium membership and i would hate to say to any driver you are not welcome to race.
Now if they are only there to show how fast they are or to get a cheap win over us rookies/slower drivers... well that's a bit sad really and i hope that is not the case. You can always ask them as many questions as you like whilst trying to improve your lap times in practice.. and i hope they oblige and help.. if not let a member of staff know and we will intervene..
But they must also have a race with a few guys, so 5 or 6 fast guys is not so much of a issue really, and we do have Server 2 for us rookies.. But last week we was all doing really good and showing we are not so slow...

Also as a foot note, Some guys even with many years of driving (me) are not so quick, yes i can put in the odd fast lap, but consistency is key, i can race close to your bumper, but alien speed i was not gifted with. But i just love to race in a relaxed atmosphere (gentleman racers rule.). So for me server 2 is perfect. you will also see we have a group of guys from the HistorX club who whilst being quick and consistent and are all very helpful (you know who you are) for me they set the benchmark on how racing should be done in RD club.

The journey to the checkered flag is way more important than the position you achieve

Last edited:
i'm in Server 2 pls
Add me please!
One more time! Im in! :)
server 2 plzzz.
Sign me up please for server 2. Really enjoyed the race on Brands hatch and you'll need someone to be in last place, may as well be me ;)

You all Signed up ready to race..
if you dont see your names on the list or want a different server please shout out...
it can be tricky keeping track of all you guys and mistakes do happen

I would like to join the race. This would be my first race with you guys, I have no preference on which server so do what suits you best. About me, I'm slow like hell but fair and clean. I'll be on teamspeak as well but my English is like my driving skill so I won't speak too much. See you then!

I'm in.
As Rupe already said, these events are not just so that all slow drivers have a race with each other but also that we can learn, observe and ask how to get faster/overtake etc.
In the first race I was really slow, was one of the last.
This week in Spa I got 8th, started from 9th.
The winner was about 1s faster than me and I am happy about it! I can watch the replay with pedal-app active and learn from him :)

BUT I know how you feel! Sometimes I wish for a race where I would have a chance to win. But then you need to think about it. Is it really about winning? I always have the fun of my life here and have great battles no matter on which position! Sure, would be nice to win but how would you want to decide who is allowed to race in "The slow race"? :speechless:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back