AC Rookies: Audi TT Cup @ Zandvoort - Monday June 5th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Vince,
I watched the replay. He left a gap, but IMHO you were a bit too far back and carrying too much speed. You got understeer and were not able to take the apex, and going straight bumped his rear left corner, nothing serious, but unfortunately AC physics caused him to spin.

Hi Dastan,

Thanks for the clarification! Myself, Bobby and Bud were actually just discussing the incident on TS. Pretty much sums it up, I didn't get enough up on the inside for it to be my corner, and because of that Bud wouldn't have seen me...he was already turning in so it was inevitable we would touch. I should have gave the place back but I didn't because I thought the pass was legit. All in all good learning for next time!

Vince

Great fun, I had a blast guys, thanks!

I had an incident with @raptor1958 on Lap 14...Bud, I saw an opportunity to pass on the inside at that corner and got up beside ya...don't think I got far enough for you to have seen me and we touched...I saw you went off, I wasn't sure if I had the corner or not, maybe someone could help with that so I can learn from it...would this be my fault?

Cheers, Vince
Vince, thank you so much for the way you and @raptor1958 handled the situation. Gentlemen and scholars:D:D:D

Guys, first let me say thank you for making this transition for me:notworthy: running the races as easy and painless as you have . I truly appreciate it:)

Thank you to the guys that didn't have their names showing up correctly last week for making sure they did this week:thumbsup: I will put a reminder up for quite a while just to let new guys know how it's supposed to be done.

TeamSpeak, thank you for using it. It's nice to get to know one another and you can hear important info such as setups etc and if I'm on there I'll announce the practice server is about to be shut down. Also pay attention to chat boxes, I'm bad about not doing it but trying to learn and I'll try to tell you when I'm shutting the practice server down there as well. Some guys use both so be alert.

Each week I plan on trying to have a "Practice Server" up before the races for you guys to practice on. I will shut it down, probably about 30 minutes before race time, but the "Race Server" should be up before I shut the practice one down. If someone is covering for me, you probably won't have a practice server. If I'm told to not start a practice server, well please understand these things cost money, but I'm willing to put my neck on the line for you so we can grow this side of the Pond's audience.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and making it a successful night of racing. I hope next week we can make it through the first few corners than we did tonight. It's nobody's fault, we're all just learning, so please keep that in mind;);)

Opposite lock to 'ya all:D:D:D

Indeed. Great night guys!
I wish I was closer to Wiz, cause when I passed Ryan and Jeremy I was already too far behind to catch him, as we were trading the fast laps for the rest of the race.

And a word to Jeremy, I hope the overtake wasn't to aggressive. I just saw a replay and it wasn't as clean as I thought from POV.

PS. Sorry for the shakiness at breaking. It's the motion platform I use.

Last edited:
If anyone wants some entertainment go watch the replay from my view, by turn 2 on the first lap I was in dead last and facing the wrong direction (I had some help with that) but managed to fight my way back to P4 and had a race long, epic battle with @f1wheelnut where we were pretty much bumper to bumper for a dozen laps and eventually @Andrew Scott and @Allan Ramsbottom joined in the party. Probably the longest, most intense, and cleanest battle I've ever had in sim racing, great stuff!

If anyone wants some entertainment go watch the replay from my view, by turn 2 on the first lap I was in dead last and facing the wrong direction (I had some help with that) but managed to fight my way back to P4 and had a race long, epic battle with @f1wheelnut where we were pretty much bumper to bumper for a dozen laps and eventually @Andrew Scott and @Allan Ramsbottom joined in the party. Probably the longest, most intense, and cleanest battle I've ever had in sim racing, great stuff!
I am now on blood pressure medication, dang near had a heart attack and now have eyes in the back of my head:cautious: after having Brandon on my bumper for so long, but wouldn't have it any other way. We battled and in the end I made one small mistake, think I sneezed:whistling:, and he:sneaky: was beside me. Great pass:thumbsdown::D And then there's the Convict Andrew. Like a thief in the night he was there to pounce, but I just managed to hold him off while chasing the Birdman/:alien: Allan to the finish line for a photo finish. Best night of racing I've had in my short Sim Racing life. Now back to Nurse Goodbody for some much needed ahumm rest;)

Color testing the 2017 skin. The grey cars don't have the big yell emblem. This is just to see what spots I missed.

Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_zandvoort_6-6-117-2.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back