AC Rookies: Audi Sport TT Cup at Silverstone National - Wednesday 31st May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hope we get server 2 filled up or people drop out of 1 lol a full grid of these cars will be awesome. On a side note just had a amazing race against the ai with this combo.... Kunos have gone from awful ai to really great ai with this last update.

I tested car and track a litte.
Which gear you using lowest and highest. I run all in 4th and 5th gear.

Mod edit: we do not discuss lap time before a race please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3rd gear in two different turns, in the turn before the biggest straight and in the second turn after the biggest straight..

Mod Edit: we do not discuss lap times before a race please :)

Ah, yes, I run 6th gear three times, in each on of the straights.

About the edit: Sorry, didn't know it was a rule. But honestly, as I rookie, I don't think it is a bad thing sharing lap times. It is good to aim at a time when you are training. I downloaded an app just to check the fastest lap and to check how many ppl have lap times close to mine.

Hadn't been aware of that rule. Not a problem really, but what's the motivation for it?
Well we don't want any driver to be put off by a lap time and think he is not fast enough to drive in the servers, Its a club race the position you finish should not be important its the racing that is important. the battle you have with the car in front and the car behind. So whilst lap time are not the issue as there is almost certainly someone faster out there , its can still be off putting to a new driver, and that all it takes for him not to sing up. So we made a simple rule many moons ago no discussion of lap times in a club post before a race. :)

Is it possible that race essentials didn't show correctly up shifting light? I didn't hit red on dashboard for shifting up to 6th.

Is it possible that race essentials didn't show correctly up shifting light? I didn't hit red on dashboard for shifting up to 6th.
Could you describe it a little more? You mean the standard, assetto corsa Essentials, not a mod, right?
Then: you didn't hit red for shifting up. Was the 5th not going further or what exactly do you mean by that? Also: try the "gears" app. The little circle with gear in the mid and revs going around clockwise. It's easier to see in my opinion when you need to shift :)

So we made a simple rule many moons ago no discussion of lap times in a club post before a race. :)
Gotcha, seems like a sensible rule. Probably worth adding to the linked rules (I mean the ones linked from the first post) so noobs don't keep discovering it when they break it by accident ;)

On the straights I reach the red at end of straight.
This is a topic I care about (far too much, LOL). Some cars are best driven to the limiter before every upshift, while others really aren't. In most cars, if in doubt, take it to the limiter. But the TT Cup has a power curve which falls away rapidly well before the limiter so it's one of those cars where you probably ought to at least consider upshifting earlier. Now of course the most important question is "will I notice the difference in laptimes?" and tbh I'm not sure :D Still testing! Since you tend to reach 6th pretty late on each straight, I'm not convinced it matters on this track. Probably comes to down to preference and control too (fewer shifts is easier, but I sometimes find myself downshifting the instant I hit the brakes, which is a bad thing to do if you're almost at the limiter already!).

@nockel And what exactly is wrong with that? Sorry, I just don't know what you mean :(
Do you need to shift before the App tells you to shift or do you run into the rev limiter before the app tells you to shift?

@Neil rdrc good Analysis! Also remember that when you shift up you have a moment without power so you will lose a bit of speed. Mostly it's faster to stay in a gear in situations where you would only gain a few km/h if upshifting :)

Last edited:
Does anybody know what those lights on the right and left side of the display are for beside P2P? Cannot find any info online, Audi does not provide any user manual without logging and the CUP has a different display from the RS anyway...

Sorry for the off topic:
One question. I had one month subscription, before ending it I bought a year subscription, but it seems the expiration date is due to the date I bought to one year. The remaining time from the montly subscription was just ignored. I ask this because I was going to buy two years, but I'm going to do that if the time doesn't sum, of course :)
Hey Luan,

Thanks for the heads up. There was indeed a setting wrongly configured but it has been corrected now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%