AC Rookies: Audi Sport TT Cup at Silverstone National - Wednesday 31st May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Glaurung @Rupe Wilson and everyone,

Shall we go fixed setup with open tyre pressure and fuel as stated above?

I'm happy to run it like that for the sake of opening up the learning process around setups (for which I too need help, I'm strictly a default setup guy!).
Yes, I agree too with Rupe and Eugene.

To everyone: on teamspeak will be given instructions to how setup the tyre pressure properly.

Add me in please!

Hello and welcome to RD club racing, Yes we have a place for you in the server, But first can you set your real name in the settings at RD
This can be done by clicking on Account (top right hand corner of page when signed in) then click on personnel details,
near the bottom you will see Real Name just enter it there and press save. Your name will only be visible to premium members.

PLEASE NOTE: This also needs to be done in Teamspeak, and in any Game you race at in RD
When you race, Teamspeak in mandatory especially for AC events, (mainly due to the chat box being not very good in Assetto Corsa)
So if the staff need to give instructions all can hear. Failure to comply with the above will result in getting kicked from the server until corrected. Sorry if this seems a harsh, and it is only used as a last resort.

With thanks Rupe and RD staff

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here

tag me or reply when its done please

Yes. This two mechanics: tyres and fuel I can comprehend. :D
It will help a lot to setup the correct pressure 'cause in this FWD car You can get all 4 tyres hot.

I'm still really unsure how to get the best out of the tyres in AC.
Back in LFS it seemed simpler - less pressure meant more grip (and somewhat less precision and more rolling resistance) but more heat, so you optimised the pressure (usually as low as poss) while keeping the temperature healthy.
In AC, the extra weirdness is that the pressure itself has a colour indicator. As far as I can see, it's simply impossible to ensure that the temperature AND the pressure are both green. Some combinations of track/tyre/car work out nicely, others just don't. And if you have to compromise, which is more important - temperature or pressure? For me it makes no sense for the tyre pressure colour to go blue when pressures are below "optimal" - what does that even mean? (E.g. F1 drivers always seem to want pressures to be as low as they can get away with.)
(And anyone else notice that the tyre temperature colouring is ridiculously sensitive? I read something somewhere about the grip variation with temps (and the related colour) and if I remember correctly blue meant only a 1% loss of grip!)
So... rookie tips welcome! :D

Main thing is guys don't panic its not the end of the world if tires are not at optimum temps and pressure.
Your only racing for 30 mins. More important to learn the track and car, when you can do a laps within about 3 or 4 tenths each lap then have a play with tire temps, Run about 4 laps before you adjust and make small adjustments. go back out and make sure you are doing consistent laps.

Im also sure guys will be helping in teamspeak on race night, if you still cant find a good pressure.. just ask

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to RD club racing, Yes we have a place for you in the server, But first can you set your real name in the settings at RD
This can be done by clicking on Account (top right hand corner of page when signed in) then click on personnel details,
near the bottom you will see Real Name just enter it there and press save. Your name will only be visible to premium members.

PLEASE NOTE: This also needs to be done in Teamspeak, and in any Game you race at in RD
When you race, Teamspeak in mandatory especially for AC events, (mainly due to the chat box being not very good in Assetto Corsa)
So if the staff need to give instructions all can hear. Failure to comply with the above will result in getting kicked from the server until corrected. Sorry if this seems a harsh, and it is only used as a last resort.

Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)

Done!

I'm still really unsure how to get the best out of the tyres in AC.
Back in LFS it seemed simpler - less pressure meant more grip (and somewhat less precision and more rolling resistance) but more heat, so you optimised the pressure (usually as low as poss) while keeping the temperature healthy.
In AC, the extra weirdness is that the pressure itself has a colour indicator. As far as I can see, it's simply impossible to ensure that the temperature AND the pressure are both green. Some combinations of track/tyre/car work out nicely, others just don't. And if you have to compromise, which is more important - temperature or pressure? For me it makes no sense for the tyre pressure colour to go blue when pressures are below "optimal" - what does that even mean? (E.g. F1 drivers always seem to want pressures to be as low as they can get away with.)
(And anyone else notice that the tyre temperature colouring is ridiculously sensitive? I read something somewhere about the grip variation with temps (and the related colour) and if I remember correctly blue meant only a 1% loss of grip!)
So... rookie tips welcome! :D
Always try to run around the optimal pressure.
Keep in mind that it's impossible to run in the optimal temperature all the 4 tyres in some tracks.
For example, I see many simracers chocked that they can't keep on temperature the right tyres in a track like Zandvoort. That's pretty normal.

Thanks Giuseppe. Can you tell me why the optimal pressure (and a cool tyre) should be better than a sub-optimal pressure (and a tyre that's warmer and closer to the optimum temperature)? That's the part I'm having trouble getting any info about. Not sure how physical the AC tyre model is but then every sim seems to have trouble with tyre models and they appear to be nightmarishly difficult.

Thanks Giuseppe. Can you tell me why the optimal pressure (and a cool tyre) should be better than a sub-optimal pressure (and a tyre that's warmer and closer to the optimum temperature)? That's the part I'm having trouble getting any info about. Not sure how physical the AC tyre model is but then every sim seems to have trouble with tyre models and they appear to be nightmarishly difficult.
As far as I know, in AC you don't have more grip with a cold tyre with the optimal pressure compared to a warmer tyre outside it's operative pressure.
Both temperature and pressure play a major role. There isn't a magic bullet, it's always a matter of compromise.
The reason I told you to first aim for the optimal range of pressure is that it's of the two the only paramenter you can have a direct control with the setup options.
The other, the temperature, is indirectly related to many things: setup, slip angle, camber, steering angle, tyre compound, etc.
To keep the tyres in their operative range is one of the greatest challenges for actual engineers and drivers.

To keep the tyres in their operative range is one of the greatest challenges for actual engineers and drivers.
Well, we're gonna find out how well we can do it in a few days :)
The nearly-fixed setup presents an extra element - the only things we can influence for this race are pressure and driving style (camber, compound, toe, ARB etc. all locked down). I'll keep experimenting and see if I can learn anything useful!

Premium only yes,
We pay a small fee to race in a controlled environment.
Servers need paying for and this is how we do it.
We race to rules also,
CLICK ME FOR PREMIUM
for 10 euros a year its a absolute bargain..:)
Sorry for the off topic:
One question. I had one month subscription, before ending it I bought a year subscription, but it seems the expiration date is due to the date I bought to one year. The remaining time from the montly subscription was just ignored. I ask this because I was going to buy two years, but I'm going to do that if the time doesn't sum, of course :)

Sorry for the off topic:
One question. I had one month subscription, before ending it I bought a year subscription, but it seems the expiration date is due to the date I bought to one year. The remaining time from the montly subscription was just ignored. I ask this because I was going to buy two years, but I'm going to do that if the time doesn't sum, of course :)
i will ask admin in the staff section who deal with this hold fast we will get back to you asap :)

done
and i'm in! please :)

#82 and own skin? (its the real skin, but some modifications)
The way the servers are set up it just gives you a car on entry its all depends on when you enter and what # car it is :)

Sorry to have to ask but is Matrix Maulder your real name or a nickname the reason being is we use real names in servers
We do have a place for you in the server, But first can you set your real name in the settings at RD

This also needs to be done in Teamspeak, and in any Game you race at in RD

I know one day it will be a real name and ill have to apologize :)

Sorry for the off topic:
ok i have a answer for you.
You can only purchase 1 year at a time the notification from RD will come on the day it runs out, and with a month being the lowest denomination, you will loose any days if you purchase in that month a longer subscription.
that is how i have understood it.. :)
I have mine set to my calendar for reference.

Dont buy it early as it looks like at present it does not take into account the days still active, in a account, We will look further into this and i will get back to you again in a pm

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back