AC Rookies: Audi Sport TT Cup at Mugello - Wednesday 7th June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thank you Rasmus. I do not really see why I should be sorry, since I felt I was the one that kept the line. We had an accident me and Scott few weeks ago and I was the one out. Did not expect any sorry and I completely forgot about the accident till now (Scott's avatar is easier than mine to remember).

It would not be a big deal - the battle was between Scott and me at that point with me catching up and because of the accident he lost one position, the one I took from him - except that I did not stop and wait after the episode. Again this is only under my own presumption that from the cockpit view I saw Scott first moving to the right while approaching and then closing the door. The difference in speed between the two of us did not give time to avoid contact, but for sure I was not willing to drive into the grass and for sure I did not have anymore room to swap on the right side. I was not using the stream to try a pass, I was definitely overtaking a car with lower speed (P2P on for me). The fact that Scott open to the right let me thought he was giving enough room due to the obvious difference in speed and eventually keep the fight up to the next turn. Very different from what I perceive from the videos posted here.

If I am fault, I would like RD to disqualify me (even for further races) and I will send a virtual but truly apologetic pint of beer to Scott begging for forgiveness.

If not, I would simply looking forward to the next coming race and have a new clean and proper battle.

Time for me to intervene on this one..
@rikirk
Yes you was at fault 100%
you broke the golden rule at RD

time to make an apology to the driver :)

Its the overtaking cars responsibility to do it cleanly, you crashed in to the car in front, and disadvantaged him making him spin, you did not wait for him to regain his position.. so you broke the golden rule of RD..
You do not have the right to drive through another opponent just because you was faster.

Golden Rule: If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage him, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain his position on you.

This is also posted as you enter all AC servers..
Now the cars in front can make on defensive move across the track and back.. before it is classed as blocking,
he did not do this beyond what it allowed. you could of gone to the right of him.. but you stayed left where there was little room to make the overtake.
it does not matter if you were faster either at that point or for the whole lap. the car in front had track position..

next point @rikirk
I did not see you on teamspeak. I did miss some of the practice and qually checking names, making sure all drivers were there ect, we had 26 guys wanting to fill 23 spots, you are so lucky you was not booted from the server.. next time you fail to be on tspeak in a event you will kicked from the event.

taken from the OP:

Who can join?
All premium members using their real name in the forum, servers and tspeak

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

the above in bold is posted in the op of every race thread, we expect all drivers to read the racethread !!

Now, this is to all drivers. taken for our rules

[9]Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member that organized your race via PM, sending them an incident report that includes a video that clearly shows the incident.

if no report is filled out no action will be taken against another driver by staff.
But staff may intervene if necessary to point out mistakes by other drivers and give direction ect.

@Allan Ramsbottom
You know what this is about, :)
if you make contact with another driver you are expected to stop and let the other driver regain his position..
you was unsure if you made contact,, so best to stop and be safe next time please..:thumbsup:
A few position is not worth it for a ban..:)
yes we did talk about it on teamspeak later and all is good but i have to post it so all other know it was looked into and we sorted it out in a friendly manner.:)

So next week is Le Mans i will be joining you guys again, i had a great night of fun.. really good racing.
So lets all read the OP please (opening post of the event)
Have a quick look at the rules again just to refresh the memory Click me
and let have a great week at Le Mans :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
the P2P was a mystery to me, programmed my DRS button and spent the whole race pressing it
in the hopes something would happen, (nothing did)
anyone help? ( yes, I do know I am a nit wit )

In the opening post of the race thread you will see it 2 times
Track: Mugello
Fixed Setup: Yes, tyre pressure, compound and fuel open
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC
P2P : You need to map a button to the KERS to get it to function.

UTP#80 RW

Push to Pass (P2P) - the Kers button makes this work.

im sorry if you missed it but all drivers should/must read the op..
and if you are unsure about anything just post or shout out on tspeak.
i know we did mention a few times last night on tspeak.. as to which button you need to have enabled..

Last edited:
For P2P : During the race, it is displayed in Kunos' base apps, and on the gauge cluster on the bottom right, as a number. That number goes blue when P2P is activated. If it does not, wrong button.

Here are the results folks. http://simresults.net/170607-1Vh
This race was a really bad for me. Was 15th/17th in practice/quali but my broken anckle stopped me from racing effecient. I'm so frustrated.

@Luan Garcia @nockel @João Mariz it was a good race down there. Sorry for the incidents from time to time 'cause I struggled with the anckle. :/

My race was a shame. I didn't knew the track until yesterday. It was too big and not so easy to find a break point. At the end of the race the tires were so worn that It was impossible to keep the pace.

I was also struggling with Traction Control. I wasn't faster by using it and maybe it would kill the tires sooner if I had it off.

I have so much to learn yet.
Assetto Corsa is my favorite SIM but I am getting better results in RaceRoom...

Let's keep this! Very nice group without messing everything on T1

@ Scott.

Please accept my sincere apologies. Despite the decision made by RD I had the chance to review the video and what I perceived as a change of direction on your end it was not. At 34:26 you moved on the inside of the track giving me the impression to give me room to pass and then just hold your car running unparalleled to the track so there was no room for me anymore because the road was getting narrow and narrow. In fact, you did not change course to lock me. There was a 20 km/h difference at time of the impact that made impossible for my skills to avoid you and I was honestly under the impression you changed course running toward me when you just simply run on a different angle to let me decide to stop and wait for you. I wrongly thought I was on the right.

I will DSQ myself for the next race. If there is anything feasible I can do to provide a compensation for my mistake I am here to fulfill.

Riccardo

Thank you RD for calling on the merit. I am fully aware of the rules and I pretend to play by them, my conduct was not due to a misinterpretation, but a subjective decision. A wrong one. I should be penalized somehow and I will accept any decision RD will take on this regard. If I was Scott, I would pretend the other part to be penalized for the damage I caused to him.

As far as TeamSpeak I realized by the time I disconnected that I was in the lobby and not in the Server 1. I did not pay too much attention to it during the event as I should.

@rikirk in these situations the best thing to do is sign up and race, and let your driving and actions show you have understood what being said. :)

thank you for making a apology in the forum and hope thats ok for Scott. :)

But for the future please guys use the pm to sort out issues, you can always tag a member of staff if needed.

@rikirk,
That was a very good apology m8,and i hope Scott can take it on the chin and let battle commence.Things appear so different in racing than they do watching a replay,and mistakes/accidents do happen...Its Racing..Myself included last night,i was involved in a close tight battle with my racing buddie in HistoriX @Rupe Wilson,in car looking at it race wise it looked like he had run wide into the red astro turf/gravel,and spun,in fact there had been Contact causing rupe to spin:(:(,i did,nt feel nothing...Honest,or i would have slowed and given place back,so while we are gripped,adrenilin pumping,sweating our ass,s off if we do have close battles and someone does just fly off,shout out was there contact,if so do the Golden Rule,that is my lesson learned from now on,lets pass it on,Ohh an if any1 who is slightly slower than @Simon Hodge gets the jump on him at the start:whistling::whistling:,tie him up and let him fight for the place,it winds the Welsh Tart up summat rotten:p:p:D:D..
On to LE-MAN......AV-IT!!!!!!!

Well said Allan! And a very nice apology Riccardo :)
Since it was "discussed in public" I can give a few words I think.
This showed again why I will stay here at RD for racing. Of course things like that happen but in the end everyone will be happy or at least satisfied! :)
And if not the Staff takes care of it:sneaky::inlove:
Really, really good work from everyone here!
And Simon: I watched the replay and my god you have nerves of steel to go from 7th to 2nd and almost taking the win without anyone doing major mistakes! But beware, next Wednesday you won't have it so easily :sneaky::roflmao:

And Simon: I watched the replay and my god you have nerves of steel to go from 7th to 2nd and almost taking the win without anyone doing major mistakes! But beware, next Wednesday you won't have it so easily :sneaky::roflmao:

We will prevent him. He had no fuel issues at the Mugello - something is not right and we shall investigate :D

Anyway, great showing of sportmanship above. Thumbs up for getting it straight in peace ;)

Yes, well said regarding the dispute.
One remark about it, @rikirk: you said that your impression had been that Scott had moved right but that the video didn't show that. One explanation for this might be lag. I have limited experience with AC multiplayer lag issues, but I have on several occasions seen cars moving back and forth due to lag and I'm not sure the net-code is coping very well with packet loss or lag in general.
In LFS though (with which I'm much more familiar, and which I think generally copes well with lag) it's quite common for two drivers to have replays which show subtly different things happening, simply because of lag.

@PfzFantaribo @RasmusP @sanguinerose1985
Have to put this on youtube ;)
Most intense racing that I've been driving for long time! :thumbsup:
There was couple tight situations maybe :laugh:

Really nice video, thanks for sharing that!
It still feels unreal to be able to watch my race on a video of the winner :confused::inlove:
That was an awesome race! Finally I know what happened to you. You where "just there" in the last lap. The elevation changes are not little on Mugello :O_o:
Congratulations again to you for that hard earnt win :)

Really nice video, thanks for sharing that!
It still feels unreal to be able to watch my race on a video of the winner :confused::inlove:
That was an awesome race! Finally I know what happened to you. You where "just there" in the last lap. The elevation changes are not little on Mugello :O_o:
Congratulations again to you for that hard earnt win :)
Thx!
Somehow I was leading for 5 secs on that moment so it was great idea to try hot lap :D:D
There was 2nd p2p going on that corner so braking was little too late :laugh:
Still got 4 p2p left after finish line... But... If I didn't drive on sand at that last lap the race would have last one lap longer :roflmao:

If I didn't drive on sand at that last lap the race would have last one lap longer :roflmao:
Indeed! I was like falling through the floor when I saw "race over"! I heard my pulse reaonating from my headphones on the finish line!
Yohann would have taken me like I think Simon would have taken you :p Lucky for both of us, haha!

@Rupe Wilson
Thank you! Since there is no feedback from the other end, to my world makes sense to pay the bill and skip the next race. Just to be clear, it's not about understanding the rules which I accepted before getting into the race, but to get the right interpretation of the accident. When it happened I thought I was on the right. Saying I was 100% wrong, well, I take whatever is the final decision from RD.

@Allan Ramsbottom
Thnak you, I hear you :)

@Neilski
Thank you, but as I stated in my first post there was no lag. When you see the replay from behind the cars, Scott moved little to the right giving me the impression he was pointing to the outside of the next turn as expected, but he had the clever move to hold and instead drive diagonally to the inside. Again, I was coming so fast on him at that I could not move to the right anymore and here was the contact. I simply misjudged.

One last thing and I am done with the episode. Whenever I see I car coming with such difference in speed I do my best to avoid any contact and open the door. But this is just me, of course.

@rikirk and all other drivers.
May i suggest if you want to let a car by you hold your line and not move. its the overtaking car responsibility to overtake and by your car staying and holding its line, its more predictable and less chance of a accident/contact,
You are quite within your rights to move, but only one move across the rack and back is allowed before it is classed as blocking.

We have the same rule for a blue flag, the car getting passed should hold his line and let the overtaking car pull out to pass, (you can assist by then just lifting slightly off the gas) even if you are going into a corner we ask drivers to hold there line and let the other car behind make his move, A predictable car is a lot easier to overtake.

The blue flags are very good in AC, and appear well before the driver gets to you. giving you plenty of time to get ready for the overtake.

@Rupe Wilson
Thank you! Since there is no feedback from the other end, to my world makes sense to pay the bill and skip the next race. Just to be clear, it's not about understanding the rules which I accepted before getting into the race, but to get the right interpretation of the accident. When it happened I thought I was on the right. Saying I was 100% wrong, well, I take whatever is the final decision from RD.

There isn't much I can say, really. I made the post, it got put to the powers that be and was then dealt with. In truth, the only thing that annoyed me was that you drove off. I like to think I'm pragmatic in things like this, and I accept contact happens and you can be on the recieving end. Races come, races go. However, I came to RD to get away from the pub racing where people pile into you and drive off, and here I am being piled into while the other guy drives off. I was also annoyed that I didn't get to battle and defend the place - I don't care where I finish, I just care about having good battles and working on my racecraft with other cars. But, this has been dealt with and no more needs to be said.

As for previous contact between you and I, I certainly can't recall any, and I like to think I'm a clean driver. However, if I have hit you and not realised (it's the only time I wouldn't slow up, if I hadn't felt anything and Helicorsa didn't show anything odd), then let me know, so I can see what I did wrong. Don't say nothing, then bring it up when I make a complaint about you as if it nullifies my original claim.

That being said, I thank you for the apology, and that is all that was required. You don't need to miss a race as some kind of punishment - the contact happened, it has been ruled one way or the other and we move on to the next race and hopefully next time we battle, we don't come together. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%