AC Rookies: Audi Sport TT Cup at Mugello - Wednesday 7th June 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
the front left tire was just GONE already in the first lap if I pushed it a bit.
I haven't driven this combo yet but did you try raising the pressure on the hot tyre? That will keep it a bit cooler. Then you'll have to pick a compromise between too much heating for grip and too much pressure for grip :)
(I'm planning to conduct some kind of "study" of how the grip varies with pressure and temperature and will report if I ever manage to achieve it!)

I haven't driven this combo yet but did you try raising the pressure on the hot tyre? That will keep it a bit cooler. Then you'll have to pick a compromise between too much heating for grip and too much pressure for grip :)
(I'm planning to conduct some kind of "study" of how the grip varies with pressure and temperature and will report if I ever manage to achieve it!)
Yeah I did that. It works but that's a "bad" compromise. As far as I know you have "two multipliers". So 75-95°C is 1.0 and above or below you get something like "grip x 0.8". Same for pressure, in PSI.
So wrong pressure and wrong compound cancel each other out I think.
It's a good hint for a fixed setup though! Thanks for that :)

As far as I know you have "two multipliers".
Yup, they do combine. It's not a cliff-edge effect though - the grip varies smoothly as you leave the optimum range (for either/both). I think Aris (or Stefano?) has posted a certain amount of info about it but I don't remember it being the whole story. I will see what compromise I reach if I get a chance to test it myself ;)

@Rupe Wilson
EDIT: I see the compound was meant to be open anyway? :ninja:
would it be possible to change the fixed tire compound to hard tires?
I tested about an hour on the RD-Server and the front left tire was just GONE already in the first lap if I pushed it a bit.
I found out that you can switch the compound by doing a pit stop. The hard tires are very hot too, but not going red, just a bit orange. I was about 0.5s faster with the hard tires :)

Here is a Screenshot of my medium tires after the righthander hairpin:
View attachment 195337

ooops all i did was copy last weeks set up for the server and change the track i will go in and make it as the thread states.. :redface:

thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back