AC Rookies: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse @ Silverstone - Monday, March 20, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Brandon Wright

I may not be fast, but I'm wide!
abarth-500-ac-png.178046

Slow cars on a short track? You know it's going to be fun!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com #1 (US)
Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
Track: Silverstone National

Monday, March 20th
Practice:
20:00 EDT (45 min)
Qualifying: 20:45 EDT (15 min)
Race: 21:00 EDT (25 laps)

Other timezones:
Practice: Tuesday 21st | 00:00 GMT | 10:00 AEDT
Qualifying: Tuesday 21st | 00:45 GMT | 10:45 AEDT
Race: Tuesday 21st | 01:00 GMT | 11:00 AEDT

Entry List
  1. Brandon Wright
  2. f1wheelnut
  3. Matt Edwards-Davies
  4. Bence Bader
  5. Larry Downing
  6. Wiz
  7. Jriv012
  8. kcheeb
  9. Allan Ramsbottom
  10. #SPMedia
  11. Calbisu
  12. fuPz
  13. Gregg Kersting
  14. Raptor1958
  15. John Greene
  16. lhcaetano
  17. rikirk
  18. Bence Bader
  19. Celestiale
  20. Idylhours
  21. Jake Adams
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot

Last edited:
Hey guys, nice to see the grid filling itself up :) I've posted a link to the event in the front page rookies race post, feel free to tag some of your US time zone friends into this comments section and let's see if we can get this event up and running with 24 cars.. ;)

Play on national pride people, don't let the EU guys run away with the most signups! Let's do this thing!

Okay, so this will be my first ever AC online race... is there a leaderboard somewhere where I can see how brutally bad I am? I have to confess I struggle with seeing Assetto as a complete experience but I hope and expect there is some space somewhere to turn laps and compare?

oh yeah, @Gerbuho come play a Monday evening with us, amigo!

Thanks in advance for the help...

Okay, so this will be my first ever AC online race... is there a leaderboard somewhere where I can see how brutally bad I am? I have to confess I struggle with seeing Assetto as a complete experience but I hope and expect there is some space somewhere to turn laps and compare?

oh yeah, @Gerbuho come play a Monday evening with us, amigo!

Thanks in advance for the help...

We discourage discussing lap times before the race for just that reason, we don't want slower or new guys to be discouraged by the aliens at the front because there's usually a wide range of talent and you'll still find someone to battle with even if you aren't the fastest. In last night's rookie race with this same combo there was about a 3-4 second spread in qualifying and there was a group from about P5 to P12 that were all within about one second of each other and that's where the best battles were. :thumbsup: So don't worry about not being on pole, just come have fun in the mid-pack battles! :D

You requested slow drivers - please sign me up ! :geek:

Always happy to have a fellow slow driver on the grid! You're added mate. :)

Here's the replay of last night's race so everyone can get a taste of what's in store for Monday!

Also to add to the above video from @Brandon Wright, here is some on board footage from @Mr Chip in server 2:

http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/rd-abarth-500-rookie-race-silverstone-national.24767/

It was a brilliant race and if I could trust myself to stay awake long enough I'd come join in with you guys for this one too!

Brilliant combination of car and track, right good fun :)

Yes, it certainly looked like a lot of fun and the racing was very close throughout the field it seemed. Hope we get similar success Monday!

Yeah mate I hope so, the car is a blast to drive. I think in server 2 I missed the pole by 0.013 seconds! Had a race with Wm for the full 30 minutes practically nose to tail or side by side all through the race! Not a single touch or dicey moment, it was immense fun. Hopefully you guys have a similar experience too.. .

I'll nail some Redbull (other brands are available) and see what my head is like at the time, I'm often up past 1am anyway doing news stuff so it's not a great leap away from my usual routine to be around for the race... I'll not put my name down yet but I'll see what I can do :)

I'll nail some Redbull (other brands are available) and see what my head is like at the time, I'm often up past 1am anyway doing news stuff so it's not a great leap away from my usual routine to be around for the race... I'll not put my name down yet but I'll see what I can do :)

Forget the news, it's time to race!!! :D

giphy.gif

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%