Rookie Races: New US and EU Events Confirmed to Cement Successful Launch

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rookie Races Assetto Corsa 4.png

Following on from the incredibly successful "Rookies Race" on Wednesday, RaceDepartment are proud to announce our forthcoming events for players in both the US and EU time zones.

On Wednesday 15th March RaceDepartment ran our first Assetto Corsa Rookies Race in the mighty Abarth 500 Assetto Corse car at the short and fast Silverstone National circuit. The event was designed to appeal to drivers new to sim racing online, both in general and at RaceDepartment, and we are delighted to say the race was a resounding success. We had no less than 40 drivers sign up across two servers and I think it fair to say that each and every one of us had a great experience out on the circuit. The racing was close, the fights on track fair, the sharing of tips and advice from the more senior members of the servers was also wonderful to hear. I suspect that as well as having a great time on track, many of our fellow drivers also found some useful information to take away and help improve their own online experiences going forward.

Due to the success of our "Rookies Race" we can confirm these will become a regular weekly feature at RaceDepartment, with events now scheduled for both the US and EU time zone.

Our American friends will be running the Silverstone National and Abarth 500 Assetto Corse combination on Monday 20th March, you can sign up HERE for the event and the details are posted below:

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com #1 (US)
Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
Track: Silverstone National

Practice: 20:00 EDT | 00:00 GMT | 10:00 AEDT - (45 min)
Qualifying: 20:45 EDT | 00:45 GMT | 10:45 AEDT - (15 min)
Race: 21:00 EDT | 01:00 GMT | 11:00 AEDT - (25 Laps)

All you need to become part of the action is a desire to have some fun racing great cars and a Premium membership to RaceDepartment. The server is already filling up so get yourself registered quickly to reserve a place on the grid! We are also looking to offer a live stream of the event, however more on that will follow when it has been confirmed.

For our drivers who race in the EU time zone, our second week of Rookie Races will be held on the shorter 'Sprint' variant of the Nurburgring in Germany, again using the epic Abarth 500 Assetto Corse car. You can register for the event HERE however we are already almost at maximum capacity so may need to once again run a second server to accommodate all drivers. As with the event last Wednesday we will be offering a live stream on our Twitch channel. Event details are posted below:

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU Abarth
Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse DLC Dreampack #3 needed
Track:
Nurburgring Sprint

Practice: 19:00 GMT (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Race: 20:20 GMT (30 minutes)

If you can't make the events then fear not! These will now become regular weekly occurrences in the Assetto Corsa Racing Club as we look to make this one of the best online experiences available in multiplayer Assetto Corsa racing.

RD Abarth.jpg

As an additional bonus and to help appeal to those of you with a taste for open wheel machinery, we will also be hosting fix setup rookie race events in the beautiful Tatuus Formula Abarth car. Our first EU Rookie Race event in the Tatuus will be held on Friday 24th March at the Vallelunga circuit. You can register your interest HERE and see some details concerning the event below:

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU ABARTH
Cars: Tatuus Formula Abarth (fixed setups)
Track: Vallelunga

Practice: 19:00 GMT (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Race: 20:20 GMT (30 minutes)

Our US Formula Tatuus race is scheduled for Sunday 19th March. You can sign up HERE and the details are recapped below:

Cars: Tatuus Formula Abarth
Track: Vallelunga GP

Practice: 19:00 EST | 00:00 GMT (30 min)
Qualifying: 19:30 EST | 01:30 GMT (15 min)
Race: 19:45 EST | 01:45 GMT (15 laps)

Just in case you are still unsure as to what you might be letting yourselves in for then check these out...

Server 1 broadcast:
Server 2 from on board @Mr Chip :
To reiterate once again, these events are designed for the new online sim racers and will be a great opportunity to learn, have fun and gather experience and knowledge from dozens of years combined online sim racing data banks! However if you are an experienced driver then don't be put off and come join in the fun too, the racing is superb and the banter on TS is simply fantastic. It's a great place to enjoy Assetto Corsa at RaceDepartment, and as can be seen by the 28 sign ups in less than 18 hours, once you pop you just can't stop :D

These events will be a weekly fixture on the Assetto Corsa Racing Club schedule. To recap the following races are scheduled and ready to receive driver sign ups -

US - Sunday 19th March - Vallelunga - Tatuus Formula Abarth
US - Monday 20th March - Silverstone National
EU - Wednesday 22nd March - Nurburgring Sprint
EU - Friday 24th March - Vallelunga - Tatuus Formula Abarth

Spread the word, share the love and get yourself involved in some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.

Rookie Races Assetto Corsa 2.jpg
Rookie Races Assetto Corsa 3.jpg
Rookie Races Assetto Corsa.jpg
Rookie Races Assetto Corsa 5.jpg

Your Racing Club is designed to be the 'go to' place for enjoying Assetto Corsa online. We have a team of committed and professional staff who's sole purpose at RaceDepartment is to organise and facilitate clean, fair and enjoyable racing events for newcomers and experienced drivers alike. We run a wide range of car and track combinations and are always on hand to offer support, advice and guidance to ensure you have the most enjoyable and trouble free experience possible. Check out the Assetto Corsa Racing Club and Leagues sub forum to find out what events we have available to sign up to today!

New to online and fancy getting the most from your sim? Took part in previous events and want to share your experience? Online curious and don't know where to start? RaceDepartment have you covered! Leave a comment below and let's get talking about online racing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Imma do that, thanks :D
But even if i train, i cant promise in either entering every race event or staying at that level. I am modding for Euro Trucksim and i am a member in a almost 5 year old virtual transport company, thats kind of time consuming, plus working in a bakery, running around all day, makes my legs become stone, literally at some days.
But imma try^^ Assetto and Project Cars are literally the only racing games i use my G27 Wheel, apart from ETS2 and ATS. I tried to play the Codies games with it....i'll stick to my XBO pad for those.
I completely understand, but you'll always be welcome anytime you feel like it. Have a great day.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 257 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.8%