ACC Rookie GT3 event @ Silverstone - Monday 28th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
:confused:1st race, speeding in the pit lane.
2nd race speeding in the pit lane.
3rd race speeding in the pit lane with pit limiter on, but in second gear.
4th race gave up fighting in a permanent mist of rain from the off, for 6 laps.
5th race could not get the thing started, raced to get back where I qualified, sent to the pits.
ACC is not looking good for me, perhaps I am spoilt with AC, I just get online and race.
My point just in case it went unnoticed, for a rookie event, there are a lot of traps in ACC for the unwary novice.:confused:

Last edited:
:confused:1st race, speeding in the pit lane.
2nd race speeding in the pit lane.
3rd race speeding in the pit lane with pit limiter on, but in second gear.
4th race gave up fighting in a permanent mist of rain from the off, for 6 laps.
5th race could not get the thing started, raced to get back where I qualified, sent to the pits.
ACC is not looking good for me, perhaps I am spoilt with AC, I just get online and race.
My point just in case it went unnoticed, for a rookie event, there are a lot of traps in ACC for the unwary novice.:confused:
Not sure what you did wrong tbh, it's usually on auto start by default unless you select the setting to be manual. Seems everyone else in the rookie race got away fine with no problems. I'm not sure I agree with there being a lot of traps, especially for a 30 minute sprint race with no pit stops.

Great race all, had a blast with a 4 way fight for the lead. The lambo was good around here but just need a few more events with it to find that extra bit of speed. Well done on the win Will and hope the AM drivers had a good one, thanks for coming :)

Yea, it was an excellent race.
Qualifying 3rd and seeing Schroders qualifying time I thought it was his win for sure…

In typical fashion I screw up my start which sent me backwards to forth but it was a quality 4 way fight for 15 mins until a mistake happened that let me through with Klengel. I sat back hoping for an opening and managed a cut back on the tight left hander (The Loop, I think it’s called).

Great race

I noticed someone off the line getting a DT penalty, I guess he didn’t notice as he ended up being DSQ unfortunately

Last edited:
Not sure what you did wrong tbh, it's usually on auto start by default unless you select the setting to be manual. Seems everyone else in the rookie race got away fine with no problems. I'm not sure I agree with there being a lot of traps, especially for a 30 minute sprint race with no pit stops.
Thinking about it I could do a short video on my start procedure if that would help?

It helps to have it on manual for quicker pit stops but auto is fine too. I'll try and get a quick video together :thumbsup:
Yeah you gain 1.5 seconds of you get it right and lose up to 15 seconds if you switch off the engine while you overshot or came to full stop too early :D
I've set it back to auto after some races on manual..

I'm undecided about auto clutch though. I mean you can't choke the engine if the engine is set to auto, right?
But you gain some control if you need to crawl out of the grass/gravel.
But: the auto clutch also works okay nowadays for that too.
In AC1, you either crawl out of the gravel with 0.001 kp/h or you get massive wheelspin without a chance, lol.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years