AMS2 Rookie event | Modern Mini Cooper JCW | Brands Hatch INDY | Thursday 1 Dec.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Can you put me down please @Guido Trampe :)
Yes sir :)
Hi all!
Sign me up pls;)
Name: Claudio Bivacqua
Welcome Claudio
No longer sure whether I will be able to participate this afternoon. Possible scheduling conflict.

Either way - Happy racing everyone!

Bert
Hi Bert. Join us if you can. Its also possible to just enter race 2 or 3. If not, hope to see you in other upcomming AMS2 races
Hi Guido, sign me up please .
Will do Paul

Hi everybody. Short heads up. In the DM with password we have stated the most important rules for fun racing. It also guides you to the Rookie voice chat channel for the week. Be sure to check in there. For the regulars, the default voice chat is not in use this week. Use the voice chat specificly for this week events.

Sorry I could not race in the last one chaps. I was switching back to the desktop to tweak the simhub settings as I couldn't feel the slip feedback and it dumped me out of AMS2 with not enough time to rejoin.

Had great fun in the first two though, battling with @Norman Bruce, @joeymac and razer in the first one and then just trying to avoid flying cars in the second! :) I forgot how challenging the last section is in this layout and those cars really love to push coming back onto the main straight(ish). Did anyone else experience a drop off in the tyres near the end? Mine were still green and hardly any wear, but it was still quite noticeable.

Tyre wear affected my drive. Towards the end of my races understeer was getting bad for me. I was just going straight towards the gravel at Paddock no matter how I tried to approach or enter the corner. Usually with FWD you can help pull the car round and tighten up a corner... under power I was washing out totally. Even lifting off did not bring the front back in even under almost full lock. I actually found these cars hard to drive. To be honest nothing like the real thing. My wife has a new type mini. A cooper S. Believe me the real thing is far better than this iteration in my opinion. I had to back off to get the car to rotate or turn in. I could not carry anywhere near the cornering speeds you guys were managing. I did as always improve somewhat over the evening and as always I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Much apologies if I caused the Mega crash in one race... I did allow everyone to get going again.. sorry. I then started again at my rightful place at the back.

I found the std, fixed setup not at all to my liking. I was very impressed with how the rest of the field drove them so well.

Last edited:
I was just going straight towards the gravel at Paddock no matter how I tried to approach or enter the corner. Usually with FWD you can help pull the car round and tighten up a corner... under power I was washing out totally. Even lifting off did not bring the front back in even under almost full lock.
I don't have a lot of experience with this car, but I found that I had to fight the urge to simply turn the wheel more when it started to lose traction as it just seemed to make things worse. When I found myself drifting wide, I would open up the wheel a tiny bit to find the biting point and then dab the brakes lightly to help pull the rear around whilst tightening up the steering very slightly. All in all, it seemed to severely punish overdriving.

I found the std, fixed setup not at all to my liking. I was very impressed with how the rest of the field drove them so well.
When I first started to race with the AC crowd, they helped me improve by critiquing replays of my laps. If you have the patience/motivation to do the same, I and I am sure others, will be happy to review and give some suggestions. AC is easier to share replays, but I started to simply record them and post them on youtube as I could then also review them myself off the rig.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back