AMS2 Rookie event | Modern Mini Cooper JCW | Brands Hatch INDY | Thursday 1 Dec.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Results: https://simresults.net/221202-z4a

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 13-33-40 Result 221202-z4a - BrandsHatch_Indy - RaceDepartment.com #2...jpg

I don't have a lot of experience with this car, but I found that I had to fight the urge to simply turn the wheel more when it started to lose traction as it just seemed to make things worse. When I found myself drifting wide, I would open up the wheel a tiny bit to find the biting point and then dab the brakes lightly to help pull the rear around whilst tightening up the steering very slightly. All in all, it seemed to severely punish overdriving.

When I first started to race with the AC crowd, they helped me improve by critiquing replays of my laps. If you have the patience/motivation to do the same, I and I am sure others, will be happy to review and give some suggestions. AC is easier to share replays, but I started to simply record them and post them on youtube as I could then also review them myself off the rig.
I just reviewed the replay of the second race and I can certainly see lots of areas to improve in my own driving. I managed somehow to get reasonably consistent race laps and even a decent result. However, I was not happy with an incident in the first race when I ran onto the grass on the left approaching the hairpin, then got fired across the track and into the driver ahead on the hairpin itself (Daniel R, I think), so sorry about that. That was weird and it never happened to me before, but there was another incident where it looked like I intentionally drove into razer1301 while rejoining the track having out-braked myself (I was leading, but under good pressure). At the time I thought it was Norman, who rightfully got ahead anyway so I thought little more about it, but the replay shows it was actually razer1301, so I am very sorry about that. I can only put that down to lack of experience with front wheel drive and the ice-like grass texture leading to one front wheel getting grip suddenly and launching me toward the car alongside.

I was over-driving for sure, but the tyres fell away in the latter part of the race and made it very hard work to keep Norman in sight, but I did enjoy the close racing. Watching Guido's Mark Webber moment in the replay was a bit of fun too!

Just my 2 Cents... I would have liked to have done the third race, but to be honest 3 x 20 minutes plus 10mins quali is a bit much for me right now. I like the 3 race idea, but I think it would be great with 3 x 15min races with a 5/10 min break/quali between each session.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the races the other night and it was good to be using a car that I had little experience with. I felt and could see that my front left was going off mid to late in all races but I thought that was down to my driving if I'm honest. I will hopefully be available for some future events and I will try to sort the real name thing out also. Cheers all!!!

I just reviewed the replay of the second race and I can certainly see lots of areas to improve in my own driving. I managed somehow to get reasonably consistent race laps and even a decent result. However, I was not happy with an incident in the first race when I ran onto the grass on the left approaching the hairpin, then got fired across the track and into the driver ahead on the hairpin itself (Daniel R, I think), so sorry about that. That was weird and it never happened to me before, but there was another incident where it looked like I intentionally drove into razer1301 while rejoining the track having out-braked myself (I was leading, but under good pressure). At the time I thought it was Norman, who rightfully got ahead anyway so I thought little more about it, but the replay shows it was actually razer1301, so I am very sorry about that. I can only put that down to lack of experience with front wheel drive and the ice-like grass texture leading to one front wheel getting grip suddenly and launching me toward the car alongside.

I was over-driving for sure, but the tyres fell away in the latter part of the race and made it very hard work to keep Norman in sight, but I did enjoy the close racing. Watching Guido's Mark Webber moment in the replay was a bit of fun too!

Just my 2 Cents... I would have liked to have done the third race, but to be honest 3 x 20 minutes plus 10mins quali is a bit much for me right now. I like the 3 race idea, but I think it would be great with 3 x 15min races with a 5/10 min break/quali between each session.
agree. For short races I will certainly try that format.
I would love a short track mini cup on that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back