AC Rookie event Mazda MX5@RedBullRing, Tue 29th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was fun, had a few mistakes in corners, 2 money shifts under acceleration...and loaded 10L instead of 1L, but I don't care at all. Didn't even practice a lot before, just wanted to try some online races, without stressing about lap times, even tho I went for it a bit in the end. All for good fun.

Last edited:
@Boukâh @homer1007 You both have premium. The practice server for tomorrow championship race is up. It's the Battenbergring from Fat-Alfie.
Just do a couple of laps. I guarantee that you will love it! Send me a PM for the password if you're going to.
I'd love to join but I have plans for tomorrow night so won't be able to join. I'll be taking a look at the forum though and finding the next race to join. I had more fun tonight than I have had for a while in iRacing (always seem to get punted) so hoping this will become my new playground with some decent racing and sense of community.

That was fun, great racing everyone! :thumbsup: I really enjoyed driving the 'chunky-boi' (ND), had a couple of scraps and good laps with Dave and Han... he pulled a 'Vettel' on the pits and got ahead, I was closing in but two laps in a row I got surrounded by Cup cars exiting the pits together and lost a lot of time I couldn't recover. I was happily surprised how clean all drivers were through the entire race... chapeau chaps! :laugh: Congratulations to the podiums and winners, hopefully we'll see some newcomers at the more regular events in the future. The races on wednesday are particularly fun! :D Thanks for organising Han! See you on the next one guys.

@Boukâh @homer1007 You both have premium. The practice server for tomorrow championship race is up. It's the Battenbergring from Fat-Alfie.
Just do a couple of laps. I guarantee that you will love it! Send me a PM for the password if you're going to.
Your guarantee holds true. I downloaded the track and just had a quick blast around it in the Arbath 500, going to bed with a big grin on my face. Nothing like crashing into a bus stop in VR to make you wince :)

WTCC city circuits in general are fun
Ah, by the way, I had quite a splendid time on Formula E circuits in the M235i, with AI opponents. Particularly at Diriyah, Paris and Rome, and to a lesser extent Zürich. Formula E itself in AC suffers from odd AI and undercooked track models, but the BMW doesn't care too much about that. Of course, the tracks are also narrow as heck, so you rub the rear of the guy in front for almost the entire circuit, and hope to get a good start onto the two overtaking spots.

I have a bunch of other such pairings I'd like to try sometime. Formula 3 at Belle Isle and Canberra. Sprint cars or kartcross at Macau and Pau. 67 F1 on Stadium Super Trucks circuits (with the ramps). 50s F1 at Donington, Vallelunga, Curitiba and Jeddah.

70s Trans-Am might be fun to try as ‘rookies’, though the circuit must be selected carefully (I vote for the Phoenix oval). Really idk why a lot of people just drive GT3 and F1 all day every day.

Also, among streets circuits, Montjuïc is quite nice and wide, but it demands faster cars, I think GT4 at the least. Dunno about the quality of this mod, though—looks to be converted from rF1 without changes, and there it was kinda too smooth, with just one bump iirc.

Last edited:
Ah, by the way, I had quite a splendid time on Formula E circuits in the M235i, with AI opponents. Particularly at Diriyah, Paris and Rome, and to a lesser extent Zürich. Formula E itself in AC suffers from odd AI and undercooked track models, but the BMW doesn't care too much about that. Of course, the tracks are also narrow as heck, so you rub the rear of the guy in front for almost the entire circuit, and hope to get a good start onto the two overtaking spots.

I have a bunch of other such pairings I'd like to try sometime. Formula 3 at Belle Isle and Canberra. Sprint cars or kartcross at Macau and Pau. 67 F1 on Stadium Super Trucks circuits (with the ramps). 50s F1 at Donington, Vallelunga, Curitiba and Jeddah.

70s Trans-Am might be fun to try as ‘rookies’, though the circuit must be selected carefully (I vote for the Phoenix oval). Really idk why a lot of people just drive GT3 and F1 all day every day.

Also, among streets circuits, Montjuïc is quite nice and wide, but it demands faster cars, I think GT4 at the least. Dunno about the quality of this mod, though—looks to be converted from rF1 without changes, and there it was kinda too smooth, with just one bump iirc.
@abecede Markus, some ideas for when you start organizing again?

some ideas
I'm kinda a mod hoarder and a purveyor of weird things, and I'm fine with being not-too-comfortable on the track. Hire me as the ‘odd race’ generator, I can probably supply them for quite a while.

For a rookie, Formula 3 is way more fun than F1 or Indycar. It's also much less stiff than the F4 Tatuus. It works well on F1 circuits or e.g. on Indy street circuits, while Indycar itself is often just frustrating there—but F3 also works on tracks usually reserved for close-action full-body cars: like Macau and Pau, raced by rather slow WTCR. The mod is free, even, and curiously it has the same feel as F3 in rF1, which is just right for me.

Also F3 had a guy called Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg-Lothringen with his memorable finish at Macau in 2017. What's not to like.

A persistent lament of mine is that AC has practically nothing in the way of oval races. Meanwhile ovals teach quite a lot about car setup, since one has to learn what each wheel does in the turns and how adjustments affect each of them. At least, even if the AI doesn't know about ovals, multiplayer races are still possible. And there's outer Interlagos from the 70s for AC, which can be treated as an oval but with elevations—though it might be a conversion from AMS (the only other game where I could find the track).

P.S. And who finds ovals too boring, can try driving the '52 Ferrari 375 Indy roadster. (1960 roadsters in rF are much more tame for some reason.)

Last edited:
Also, since Han is asking for suggestions: idk if this is possible in AC, but seeing as rookies vary plenty in skill and the field stretches apart on the track, I would run the qualy and then slap ballast or restrictor on everyone proportionately to the time shown.

(Again, thanks to WTCR for the idea, because they do or did this between races, such that the leader could accumulate ballast over the course of the championship.)

P.S. In fact this seems to be possible with server commands, without starting the race anew.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years