AC Rookie event Mazda MX5@RedBullRing, Tue 29th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Question Han, is the discord channel only for listening or should we talk back as well? In that case I have to go find a mic somewhere
It's no necessary to talk but it can be very helpful like Raul said

Last edited:
Yes thanks all for racing. I'm really impressed how the rookies did. Not only their performance but also their behaviour. Clean and respectful as we want it.

I was a bit afraid of having a public server like event but not at all. So great!

I think I will organize another rookie event somewhere in January with the same cars but a different track.

If you don't want to wait that long, have a look here every now and then and see if there's a race to your liking. https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/racing-club.671/?prefix_id=250

In general for AC we have 3 races every week. Sunday GT and LMP cars, on Wednesday an Abarth500/Mazda MX5 Cup event and on Tuesday a variation of classic cars, street cars, unlikely combinations, fun events and surprise events.

Also we will start in 2023 again with championships.

Last edited:
This one?
Yeah.

WTCC city circuits in general are fun, as I learned from ‘Race 07’. However e.g. Pau and Boavista are narrower than my puckered cheeks during this race. Vila Real is the widest of them, I think. Some non-WTCC street circuits, like Canberra, could also be cool. Adelaide is a simpler layout, but the straight would be boring on the M235i.

WTCC/R has nice circuits and easy cars, but the forward-wheel drive is a questionable choice, so I hijack the BMW instead.

Last edited:
Yeah.

WTCC city circuits in general are fun, as I learned from ‘Race 07’. However e.g. Pau and Boavista are narrower than my puckered cheeks during this race. Vila Real is the widest of them, I think. Some non-WTCC street circuits, like Canberra, could also be cool. Adelaide is a simpler layout, but the straight would be boring on the M235i.

WTCC/R has nice circuits and easy cars, but the forward-wheel drive is a questionable choice, so I hijack the BMW instead.
Downloaded! I will have a go on it when I have time. Thanks for thinking with me.

Also

> First time in MX5, and on AC's Red Bull

> Practice in advance, make my own setup, drive an okayish time

> Get the setup from Han—it's completely different, tunes parameters that I didn't touch

> Try this setup, run pretty much the same time. Feels a bit more stable.

> Attempt to marry the two setups by pulling tricks from both

> Time is worse than with the two separate setups.

pikachu face

Well, thought I was not going to like this race, funnily had a great time and everyone was:-
So impressive.
Robert was even quite easy with me giving the rookies and me plenty of room.
This combination worked very well. Impressively well.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
The only down side was that Rotter Fulvio playing with me, but at least it livened up the last few laps.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::unsure::roflmao:
A success.:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back