AC Rookie event Mazda MX5@RedBullRing, Tue 29th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Very happy to join as well if there's still space.

If you're thinking about signing up this is a great way to start. People are friendly and it's a very open community where you can ask questions. You will learn a lot more and progress quicker racing online in a supportive community than hot lapping or racing the AI.

@Alfred Wayne @davejevons At the moment there are 3 spots free. I will add you but if other rookies ask to join I may have to remove you. They have priority.
I will of course notify you if I cancel your signup.

PM sent with the passwords.
Thanks Han - do feel free to remove me if someone else would liek to race. If anyone is thinking of singing up then please do. I would rather you get to experience it - I'm lucky enough to have a race on Wednesday anyway.

Not a problem Han, you and the other regulars could use the practice more than me and David ;):roflmao:

@Boukâh Crew chief and car radar (or helicorsa) help me a lot racing on a single monitor, if you don't already have them installed.

Also this idea - "Vortex of Danger" is something good to keep in mind while racing if you haven't heard of it. Basically like the idea of not driving in a semi's blind spot on the highway.

Last edited:
Not a problem Han, you and the other regulars could use the practice more than me and David ;):roflmao:

@Boukâh Crew chief and car radar (or helicorsa) help me a lot racing on a single monitor, if you don't already have them installed.

Also this idea - "Vortex of Danger" is something good to keep in mind while racing if you haven't heard of it. Basically like the idea of not driving in a semi's blind spot on the highway.
Thanks Alfred! Been practicing with crew chief and the radars, trying to get used to them. Still hard to judge proximity on a screen though . Anyway, ‘Vortex of danger’ is good to realize, thanks!

All,

For those that didn't get this information yet, we wil be using a different Discord channel tonight because our usual one is not accessable for non premium users.

So please use this:
Discord
The standaard Discord channel isn't accessable for non premium members. That's why we have created a special channel for the rookie races.
Click on this link for the invitation.

Last edited:
Vortex of danger.
That was interesting, something I always see.

Nice that someone verbalised it into an actual error on the part of the overtakes and admittedly the one being overtaken too.

Tricky corners, taken flat out do not always allow you the luxury of staring at the radar when cornering!

Unfortunately I have been overtaken by Fulvio on more occasions than I care to remember :roflmao::roflmao:. Only once has he hit me in this situation, the vast majority of times he backs out.

Watching to see the situation unfold, asses if it is possible, asses if I am fully aware of the situation, then he will make the overtake.
:)
The Rotter.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Is there still a spot free on the grid for an old slow "driver" like myself? A one-our race may be a bit exhausting for me, but I'd love to participate...
Hi Markus,

The race is 40 minutes. There's only one spot free. All regulars will be driving the street version on the Mazda and so will you. It will be nice for the rookies to have plenty of overtake opportunities. That's always fun.

I will give you the last spot but in case a new rookie applies, I will take you off the list when that happens and inform you. Rookies have priority as you will understand.

All,

For those that didn't get this information yet, we wil be using a different Discord channel tonight because our usual one is not accessable for non premium users.

So please use this:
Discord
The standaard Discord channel isn't accessable for non premium members. That's why we have created a special channel for the rookie races.
Click on this link for the invitation.

Question Han, is the discord channel only for listening or should we talk back as well? In that case I have to go find a mic somewhere

Question Han, is the discord channel only for listening or should we talk back as well? In that case I have to go find a mic somewhere
It may be helpful to get a mic... we can communicate on track, for example, when you let a faster car go by you can ask them to go left or right so neither have to slow down more than necessary. Also handy to tell others when you enter or exit the pits.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back