rF2 ROOKIE EVENT (Freemium) Mazda MX-5 @ Zandvoort - Sun 21 May 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
There is no radar, and there is no proper VR hud. If you want a hud that you can actually see in VR you need to reduce your monitor resolution down to around 1280 X 1024. It's a bit rubbish but it works. Also, I use a look-back button in VR as most cars' mirrors aren't all that good.

Last edited:
hey can sm1 send me the psw for the practice server please since i have an ac race tonight and cant join this but atleast i want to test it

That was a good time, as always. thanks @Denis Betty for organizing and hosting. hope everyone had fun and nice job to the newcomers.

I got back to my PC after a long weekend and was scrambling to get set up and running and had very little practice leading up to the race. took me a while to get into a groove. big apology to whoever i took out during an early spin just right in front of the front runners.

thanks to paul for hanging back to keep me company ;-] very gentlemanly of you. i realized i had signed up with a spec 2 car, and wound up picking a spec 1 car. oh well, good times nonetheless.

catch you next time!

Last edited:
Wow I'm really mad.....I started looking for server at about noon my time and nothing showed up for a couple of hours after I figured out to restart my pc and found it.....too late. I'm very disappointed, sorry all I wanted to be there :(

Thanks to Denis and others for organizing, and to everyone that joined/raced.
I managed just enough laps in the week to be quite a bit easier on the tires in the race.
Used the setup provided with just fuel reduced to 25 laps.
It was fun and the only thing I'd do different would be to run club layouts instead of full loop at large tracks, plus 30 min race instead of 45.
Will take a look at premium today and see if I can justify, assuming its another subscription type deal.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Its 11.99 Euro for a year. No brainer that! If I had known earlier it was that low, I would have signed up earlier. Will get it this week!
Silverstone club layout might be good for another in the MX5 :)
it's a small price to pay for the unbeatable experience of being able to race in the online RD clubs, not to mention access to all the downloads, etc.

Well done on the win Jim! You drove a great race.

The premium is well worth it, and actually reduced in price this year from what I paid last year.

Hopefully see you again on track soon (hopefully going much slower ;))

Thanks Mark!
I found some program to look at RF2 logs and I see I was at least consistent which was always a strength way-back-when when I did a couple seasons of physical endurance karting.
Glad there was no damage though cos I properly stacked it on the penultimate lap, looking to see how fuel was doing after I heard someone else say they were running low and not really having given it much thought.
Luckily, the car also bounced off the wall at a nice angle, and it was almost like nothing ever happened :)
Last time I ever had raced online was some NASCAR Racing btw and must have been at least 20 years back.
If I get back into it, I'll have to see about an upgrade from the good ole Logitech DFGT, stock pedals and all right now!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years