AC ROOKIE EVENT (also non premium)Mazda MX5@Bikernieki, Tue 23rd May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
bellissimo evento... peccato non essere stato competitivo, sarà per la prossima volta e non sono riuscito a collegare la radio discord... grazie per l'evento e la pazienza

grazie a tutti grazie Han...un nuovo "pilota"
Hi Stefano,
Please post in English next time otherwise a forum moderator will delete your post.

For the Rookies who don't have Premium/Emperor account, here the results:
1684876420682.png

Last edited:
Well being punted three times, and then it was a case of will he catch me before the corner, after three punts I was now saying is he going to make a mad dash and squeeze into a gap that does not exist. If there was more than one, then it was a if the bloke in front gets held up I will make a mad dash to overtake them both.
After three punts and a lot of near misses, I decided to go for a “move of the racing line” and go very slowly until the cup car or cars had passed.
Unfortunately it took me most of the race to “sensible” up.
Funnily I enjoyed it all, frustration included, but I hope I do not have to relive these experience to often.:O_o:
Maybe a track were we don’t come across the cup cars so frequently.:roflmao::roflmao:
There was no escaping it, I even pitted after 5 minutes, even when I had a clean lap, one of the buggers appeared from pitting only to meet me just before the first corner.:unsure::unsure:

All I have to say is.:confused::p:D:rolleyes::geek::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Big thanks to Han, every pilot and everyone involved in this event! I had a lot of fun no matter the position)) It's the experience that counts and I've learned some things today. That's what we are here for, right?:) Will definitely take part in as many rookie events as possible, I find it incredibly useful entry point for further growth! Keep up the great job, guys! Thanks!
Hi Aleks,

You don't have to wait for other Rookie events. The Wednesday multiclass is setup with newcomers in mind and has proven to be an effective learning series.

We have also a growing path in mind for newcomers.
  • MX5 Cup (multiclass)
  • Abarth (multiclass)
  • Formula Agile (Thursday in F1 weeks)
  • GT4 (Sundays)
  • GT1/GT3 (Sundays)
You have an Emperor account so you can sign up for those races.

Well being punted three times, and then it was a case of will he catch me before the corner, after three punts I was now saying is he going to make a mad dash and squeeze into a gap that does not exist. If there was more than one, then it was a if the bloke in front gets held up I will make a mad dash to overtake them both.
After three punts and a lot of near misses, I decided to go for a “move of the racing line” and go very slowly until the cup car or cars had passed.
Unfortunately it took me most of the race to “sensible” up.
Funnily I enjoyed it all, frustration included, but I hope I do not have to relive these experience to often.:O_o:
Maybe a track were we don’t come across the cup cars so frequently.:roflmao::roflmao:
There was no escaping it, I even pitted after 5 minutes, even when I had a clean lap, one of the buggers appeared from pitting only to meet me just before the first corner.:unsure::unsure:

All I have to say is.:confused::p:D:rolleyes::geek::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
With all his whining and bitching concentiously mentioning the facts we should not forget that our estimed fellow racer and dear friend Ernie got a podium out of " his misery" :p

See you tonight my friend Carsten

Hi Aleks,

You don't have to wait for other Rookie events. The Wednesday multiclass is setup with newcomers in mind and has proven to be an effective learning series.

We have also a growing path in mind for newcomers.
  • MX5 Cup (multiclass)
  • Abarth (multiclass)
  • Formula Agile (Thursday in F1 weeks)
  • GT4 (Sundays)
  • GT1/GT3 (Sundays)
You have an Emperor account so you can sign up for those races.
Got you, Han! Thanks a lot for the info)

For my first online race I enjoyed it lots. I clearly need a bit of practice taking pit-stop properly.
Well,
I will not publicly confess that this topic has a lot of potential to cock up :redface:

( just for educational purposes here some types of cockups I have heard other people talking about :rolleyes::

you could speed past your pitbox

you could mess up your fuel calculation and have to correct it mid pit lane

while messing with the pit preset you could mix up 1. and 2. preset and change tyres unnessarily

I even heard of people who started the race on qualifiing fuel.....)

so there are still endless ways to cock it up, let´s try them all ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%