rF2 Rondeau M379C @ Le Grand Circuit 1967 - Thu 18 Mar 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I will put the server up later tonight after club racing is over. Easy car fro the... 80s I think. Very easy track - Le Mans '66 before they put in chicanes. 300 kmh top end, but a largely straight track. :)

Early 80s. Rondeau was a local of La Sarthe who went to Le Mans and built his own weird looking cars - he even won one year.

One of his contraptions is in the Le Mans museum:

Rondeau.JPG

Been in two minds about this combo but numbers are low so I'll jump in and trot around down the back.
Add me Denis.

It's quite a fun car to drive once you dial out the turn in understeer, and the car is fairly predictable on turn in. Braking is a bit of an adventure.

I love this circuit. I mean I love everything about Le Mans anyway, but this version of the track is just really rewarding to drive. The row of trees as you come out of Tetre Rouge would catch your attention, as would the White House corner.

Can't make this one but I should be able to start racing again next Thursday because I now have high speed ....stable internet .... around 600mbps.
;)
Jack with high speed internet? We really are in the 21st century. ;)
Been in two minds about this combo but numbers are low so I'll jump in and trot around down the back.
Add me Denis.
Thanks Paul. Don't think we're gonna need private quali this week. Could be a lonely race for some of us. :(
I'll stick some Touring Car Revival cars up for next week. Yves has requested one of the Beamers. That should bump the numbers up a bit. I'll get the event thread posted tonight and tag a few of the guys. :)

Can't make it unfortunately. Didn't / don't get the practise in before the race and for this combo I definitely need that to have fun and not be a liability to others.
But I also plan to participate in as many Thursday races as possible in the future, I love classic race cars :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%