Rolling start in VR makes me ill

AMS2 is fantastic and gets better and better. Having said that, I would really appreciate if rolling start could be done as in ACC, meaning that I can steer the car from the beginning, not first when crossing the starting line. My stomach goes berserk when I sit as a passenger only and the wheel does not react to my own movements until crossing the line - and I have about 5 years of VR experience, i.e. not prone to motion sickness.

Update: It's a setting, I had not noticed: Manual rolling start - yes, in the gameplay settings.

Last edited:
Do you have full control of the car in the pitlane ?
I guess it might be a common setting.

For the moment I just drive AMS2 at each update and I had a race yesterday with the Omega with a rolling start and had the full control of the car from its very start in the full launch lap.

But I have the pitlane also in manual since the very start .... I never liked automatic pit cruise :D

I had a rolling start the other day and was sat waiting to start, the next thing I knew my car was in the wall and I never saw how it got there race over before it started
I too have experienced this. I have also had it when exiting the pits and manual control is activated. And it is only on a few cars, some of which have been corrected. I suspect programming oversights which slip through QA due to such a wide variety of content. Typically I just drive something else until the next update in Hope's they fix it.

Do you have full control of the car in the pitlane ?
I guess it might be a common setting.

For the moment I just drive AMS2 at each update and I had a race yesterday with the Omega with a rolling start and had the full control of the car from its very start in the full launch lap.

But I have the pitlane also in manual since the very start .... I never liked automatic pit cruise :D

Oh it's a setting, my bad! Manual rolling start: yes - in the gameplay settings!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.4%