Rokit Williams Racing Team BMW (Custom team package)

Skins Rokit Williams Racing Team BMW (Custom team package) 2019-10-05

Login or Register an account to download this content
Flitz17 submitted a new resource:

Rokit Williams Racing Team BMW (Custom team package) - Full team package of a fantasy Williams-BMW partnership

Hello there :)

For context for this mode: BMW comes back to F1 in 2019. Saving the Williams team on the verge of collapsing with a big investment during the summer break (and brings my driver in the team, huge boost in development), they help the team reaching best of the rest by the end of the season and have one of the best cars with their improvements in the chassis and aero departments. During that period, BMW was also developing its own F1 engine during the season, even though...

Read more about this resource...

I will update it if I find a way somewhere to fix the colors. If I do that, I'll fix the couple issues I still have here and there.
I'm kind of annoyed about finding out how broken the Williams files are after making the entire mod lol, so I might not update it for a while :/

There is also a bunch of re-use of other stuff in that mod. I didn't think it was relevant enough to be brought up in the post

If you want some reason for that: The crew t-shirts are the old Williams stuff just updated to BMW because it is not a really important thing. So I didn't want to spend too much time on it
The drivers' suits are a modified version of a green online suit, because I couldn't preview exactly what the UVs were lining up to. It's also a huge gain of time so I took it ^^
the gloves are the Alpinestars gloves with Puma logo. The only reason is that I like them more than the Puma ones but Puma is supposed to be the sponsors of BMW.
The boots didn't change because the Puma ones UVs weren't lining up and I did have time to change that.
And finally, the pit crew's suits for race pitstops are a modified version of the Ferrari ones. Again, huge gain of time for good reason, all I see is an absolute win xD

Thanks again to those taking the time to read my ramble.

And I hope you guys enjoy it :)

Last edited:
if you want to fix the colours I think there might be a couple ways (untested).
1) swap mat binding to another car (for example the fom_car or a classic car) and then install the files to there while still having them load on to the Williams. I'm not 100% sure if that'd work by defaulting to an _d file or not but it's possible it could work
2) swap the chassis to the fom_car and remake the livery (not sure if the file would work better that way, have not tested so no guarantees at all, but you could test it very quickly with no work)

if you want to fix the colours I think there might be a couple ways (untested).
1) swap mat binding to another car (for example the fom_car or a classic car) and then install the files to there while still having them load on to the Williams. I'm not 100% sure if that'd work by defaulting to an _d file or not but it's possible it could work
2) swap the chassis to the fom_car and remake the livery (not sure if the file would work better that way, have not tested so no guarantees at all, but you could test it very quickly with no work)

Thanks a lot! I asked jburon72 yesterday, and he told me that the file is made the same way as the online texture, thus the diffuse color is actually just a kind of ID mask to tell where the custom colors go. But since you can't choose the colors of the Williams car (being official and not an online livery) it is stuck to the Williams one)
Capture.PNG

I might get around to do this but it seems to me to be a bit above my skills range/knowledge of F1 mods (This is my first try at a mod after all xD) and especially above my time available :/

Also, I was thinking about restarting my career in-game and will probably redo the same skin but with Haas or McLaren (probably Haas, gotta love the Ferrari's engine sound).
Even though I am 90% sure I'll do it with BMW again, it might be another brand as well (Porsche being the biggest contender, or maybe a British brand if I end up going for McLaren)

Thanks a lot for the tips though! :D

Yeah, I noticed that as well, but my goad was to go out of those shades...
Turns out the Haas UVs are completely stupid as well. I don't know who does the vehicles for Codemasters, but they would need a UV Unwrapping class honestly.
Well not only that but I'm pretty sure they could've gained about 10 fps just with texture optimization and such
I'm seeing so much UV space wasted and texture loaded multiple times for no reason.
Or the fact each number is a different texture, from 1 to 99. So that's roughly 100 x 10 = 1000 texture loaded for just numbers, just for the 2019 F1 cars. While 1 texture table for each team was more than enough!

As a guy who's making games for a living, looking through those files is mildly frustrating xD

The texture mapping is intentionally made bad I'm fairly certain. FOM have never liked it being possible to mod liveries (and therefore change sponsors) so starting in F1 2015 they started to make the cars really difficult to edit. Back in like 2013 the cars were all perfectly editable which lead to a lot of mods. Eventually Codemasters/FOM even issued Copyright takedowns on mods to stop them.

I think the game engine itself is really poorly done in terms of the optimization possibilities which hurts the game, but not 100% sure on it.

The texture mapping is intentionally made bad I'm fairly certain. FOM have never liked it being possible to mod liveries (and therefore change sponsors) so starting in F1 2015 they started to make the cars really difficult to edit. Back in like 2013 the cars were all perfectly editable which lead to a lot of mods. Eventually Codemasters/FOM even issued Copyright takedowns on mods to stop them.

I think the game engine itself is really poorly done in terms of the optimization possibilities which hurts the game, but not 100% sure on it.
Makes sense actually, thanks for explaining that :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back