Robbed the bank - Upgrade time !

Hello everyone firsts things first. My English is bad please consider it while you are reading my post.
I'm 27 years old car mechanic who loves to play racing sims. Since childhood i was playing Toca, McRae, Life for speed etc. - 99% of them at keyboard :)
Then in 2011 i bought Logitech G27 steering wheel - I was amazed how much joy can be delivered by small black plastic box. Year 2018 - G27 is still working fine, however it feels khm like a toy now, lack of strength in FFB, it's just too easy to drive comparing to real life.

I'm focused on road legal cars, i'd like to avoid F1 wheels or those stupid car company logos at the center of the wheel. Playing mostly Assetto Corsa, beamNG, Dirt, ETS2, ATS
At this point i decided to spend some money on new Hardware - let me say 1500-1700 euro. I need Everything. Wheelbase, steering wheel, pedals, shifter and rig ( Rig comes later )

I have no clue what i want - i have no real experience of those High stuff like Fanatec or OSW, i don't know how they feel like, that's why i need your help to make decision. I want to create a whole set from one company to avoid compatibility problems ( if its possible of course )
I found a Fanatec company and then i got stunned i could not find any alternative for that specific price range ...

1. Please tell me what kind of brands exist in 1500 -1700 euro range
2. Please tell me cons and pros of each brand setup (from your perspective)
3. It is worth to pay more for example. Inverted pedals comparing to a standard one ?
4. What kind of custom service they got (good, bad, lazy etc.)

Sorry guys but for me is my virgin journey into world of endless possibilities

For 1700euro you could go direct drive (providing you already have a decent rig).

Failing that, and knowing you play the likes of Dirt then you may need a shifter and handbrake.

Fanatec:
Base (DD)1000 or (belt) 550
Pedals 400
Wheel 300
Shifter 230
Handbrake 130

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok guys sorry for late reply however i didn't have much time lately.

You all got point that i need a Rig before i get wheel. Drilling deeper can you recommend good rig with chair for max 600-700 euro? i said max however if it's possible i would like to cut off some of the price :) otherwise my wife will kill me if she find out that i spend 3000 euro just for "toy"

One more thing - I'm still looking for alternative for Fanatec since i've heard of their half baked customer service and warranty repairs ... I'm not interested in DIY, custom made setups - i do not have time for that. I'm not ready for DD wheels they are much more expensive than they look and from what i know they are very hard to adjust in meaning of FFB feelings

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back