Roadmap for August

ROADMAP UPDATE – AUGUST 2021

I don't know why they bother anymore, in past month over 50% are not positive, ungrateful sods

roadmap_2021_08_header-1024x585.jpg

Last edited:
In fairness, the complaints on there are only people fed up of efforts on the part of s397 spending time on areas not requested by the community.
With that said the job offers currently out there could soon feel the void, fingers crossed.
Will be trying the load times later, as agree whilst improvements have been made before it still takes far too long (even on current gen hardware) to load.

In fairness, the complaints on there are only people fed up of efforts on the part of s397 spending time on areas not requested by the community.
With that said the job offers currently out there could soon feel the void, fingers crossed.
Will be trying the load times later, as agree whilst improvements have been made before it still takes far too long (even on current gen hardware) to load.

I think the fact that they are hiring is nothing but good news. This may be the impact of being taken over and could really accelerate the sims progression in all areas. Fingers crossed anyway

ROADMAP UPDATE – AUGUST 2021

I don't know why they bother anymore, in past month over 50% are not positive, ungrateful sods
I disagree the unhappy people are ''ungreatful sods''. Fixes, updates & improvement have been hinted for years and what has occured in meaningful way since the DX11 update? The community is fed up as S397 make the same mistakes as ISI did.

It's time for S397 to make rF2 a complete sim; content release after content release doesn't mean much when your core game remains broken. The UI fails to remember my resolution settings, the studio made content quality runs the gamut from sublime to sub par, we have broken paid DLC (BoP for GT3 anyone?), long standing problems such as the FCY issue, wet track and wet tyres remain unsolved and the AI in offline mode is terrible.

To be blunt, S397 aren't deserving of people's money if offline racing is their interest unless hot lapping is fun.

I've been using rf2 for years, particpated in the closed beta testing of the Reiza DLC and own all paid for conent execpt for the very latest KartSim kart (which at $6.40AUD isn't value for money).

If you want a quality Roadmap, read Reiza's monthly posts which contain both ''here's wot I did" and an actual roadmap of what's coming in the futre. Conversely, S397 publish a monthly blog post of what transpired.

Just fwiw, the UI DOES remember your screen rez, the tool, though, apparently resets often to a default setting. I was in your camp for that issue for several years, but users like MarcG pointed out that the settings do not change unless caused by a crash or bug. I used to re-run the graphic config tool EVERY time I booted rF2. I haven't in at least a year,(if not longer)

No matter what circumstances rF2 gets 49% when all other sims including arcade get 80-90 %
Seriously ?
Half of them don't have a clue, bugs, 10 minutes to load a track lmao

Look here in offline online room loaded Monza and 44 GTE-GTE-LMP same time it took for Gardner do 2 laps in Moto2 while its loading

Hmmmm now which car do I want to passenger , then I'll drive all makes and models without ever leaving room or booting again ....... lol bugs slow

In any other sim to drive 10 cars takes me 10 track loads , oh and you lose all the lap times :coffee:

slow rf2.jpg

Just fwiw, the UI DOES remember your screen rez, the tool, though, apparently resets often to a default setting. I was in your camp for that issue for several years, but users like MarcG pointed out that the settings do not change unless caused by a crash or bug. I used to re-run the graphic config tool EVERY time I booted rF2. I haven't in at least a year,(if not longer)
The UI doesn't remember my request for the UI to remain in widescreen mode nor does it remember my resolution and refresh. within the UI. The UI may be indicating the incorrect resoultion information which is not something I'd expect from a UI no longer in beta!

There are no excuses from S397 for this.

The fact is new users observe the UI issues and in-game issues I've already mentioned and quit uisng rF2. There is no way I'm going to excuse S397 for the issues rF2 has years after they took over from ISI.

Living in a bubble or ignoring constructive criticisms/feedback is not going to improve rF2 - the recent Steam reviews which are mixed prove this.

No matter what circumstances rF2 gets 49% when all other sims including arcade get 80-90 %
Seriously ?
Half of them don't have a clue, bugs, 10 minutes to load a track lmao

Look here in offline online room loaded Monza and 44 GTE-GTE-LMP same time it took for Gardner do 2 laps in Moto2 while its loading

Hmmmm now which car do I want to passenger , then I'll drive all makes and models without ever leaving room or booting again ....... lol bugs slow

In any other sim to drive 10 cars takes me 10 track loads , oh and you lose all the lap times :coffee:
I know you are famed for going off on tangents Durge and you've done it again McCain* style :)

The overall rating for rF2 is 81% which falls inline with your statement about ratings for other sims and arcade racers.

The issue for S397 is the current review from new users is 50% AKA Mixed. That is a fair review if you weigh up what rF2 offers vs. the bugs, glitches and workarounds.

The loading times for rF2 are average, even when using an M.2 NVMe SSD, if you leave the .json file line UI autonomous render thread at false.

Compare the load times in rF2 to ACC, AC, AMS, AMS 2 and rF2 is woefully slow. The only sim that loads slower is R3E and that is because it's completing a DRM check for the content you are loading on remote servers.

Ermin summed up the issues with rF2 rather well in his video:

Ermin's comments may annoy the rF2 fanbase but I see and hear nothing in his rF2 review that I do not agree with.

*McCain is an Aussie brand, not the politician.

Last edited:
The biggest problem, and there are incredibly many, is the fact that S397 has almost exclusively chosen the wrong priority for 5 years (and never listening to its userbase).

These include the improvement of the physics engine, associated with 100% (100% and in their entirety) cars UP TO DATE and realistic. And that has to include wet ground physics.

Then other important points would have been the offline experience (racing rules, AI, etc.), the online experience and a very good performance/graphic quality ratio (allowing everyone to obtain a good graphic immersion, which whatever its PC and pancake/VR equipment).

A little less important, but it becomes unbearable, the loading times, as a bonus.

If they had done this in 5 years, primarily the physics and the realism of the cars (updates), rF2 would be.... Imperfect.... But PERFECT.....
The essentials would have been present in this simulation.

S397 is objectively not a good editor, sorry.

Also, I think that betting everything on the online to the complete detriment of the offline is a lack of respect for the offline players who are numerous, and....... a mistake :

To start by restructuring rF2 in particular on the offline level would have allowed many contributions for the online either in parallel or in a second time.....

Pffffff

And it is an rF2 fan who plays exclusively rF2 who says so (no video game of any kind, only rF2 for 8 years....).

Come on guys, be a little bit serious objective....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back