Road noise?

Does the road noise actually work?

Some cars have quite a dip in loudness during shifts or get a lot less noisy when off-gas (e.g. MP4) and I have set road noise to 100 but can not hear anything. It is even a bit irritating when driving at 200 km/h and there is barely any noise between shifts. Shouldn't the road noise produce some sort of noticable background noise?

I tried that, but there seems to be not much background sound from driving other then the engine sound. But, I probably have mistaken the road noise with wind noise. Maybe road noise is just for external and replay cams? I wish there would be something like windnoise in the background to remind me that I am driving at high speeds, at least audible when the engine does not drown out all other sounds, like during shifts or off-gas.

It is more apparant in cars like the MP4 and less apparant in DTM cars for instance.

Comparing the MP4 in R3E and real, you can hear/sense the wind noise, especially above 200 km/h when he is off-gas. That is what I am missing.

I have a similar issue, but with the tire scrub noise. I have all other volumes at or below 50% and tire scrub at 100%, but the only time I ever hear the tires scrub is when I'm half way through a spin (which is a little late to be getting auditory feedback from the tires). I wish I could hear them scrubbing when they're leaning hard into a turn, to notify me that I'm about to exceed the limits.

me too at Hockenhiem...

them two guys in front were quick, I nearly had 'em in Quali, I purpled the S1 and 2 but fluffed the last corner...in the race they had me though, it was only their battle that kept me in contention, then the Z4 guy made a mistake in the very fast uphill section a few laps from the end and the R8 guy did the same on last lap...:ninja: So a cheeky one for me, but I stayed with 'em so I'll take it.

See what you think of that mix maan, that's what I used for that race. in the headphones proper loud it was decent for me anyway.

Last edited:
Just a quick note chaps....just tried all of the adac14 cars at sachsenring...but had to change the engine volume to 30% for couple of them...but easy to do so no bother.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years