Tracks Road Atlanta 2021 - WIP

Time to start an official work in progress / preview thread for this project!

Road Atlanta, along with Mosport were 2 tracks I really wanted to build accurately. Always like them, and was tired of looking at inaccurate - regurgitated rF1 conversions.....

Soon after I released Mosport, roughly 2 and a half years ago, I got started on RAT, but it never really gained much traction and it sat for a while until Q3 last year when IER needed a more advanced build.

Now here we are, hopefully 1-2 weeks away from a public beta release.

Some notes on what to expect:

- Build on lidar, multiple sources of data... will be accurate
- Will be a true 0.5 beta, hopefully no bugs, but the environment looks a bit empty and unfinished, no fancy animations as seen in my other projects
- 2 layouts: full and short configurations, using right pitlane... I might make a layout with the left pitlane later on, but that's a big maybe.
- The advertisement billboards are June 2021 specs. Might update them for the final release, lets see what the November petit race does...

Recorded a 5 lap all AI race on the latest build last night - also showing @Leonardo Ratafiá 4 sets of cameras (guess he got excited :D)

This will most likely be my last project for a while, nothing else out there that I really care for... maybe Lime Rock in the future, or another collaboration project with LilSki, will see!

Last edited:
thanks for letting me be in love with this track again, since there were no accurate versions for AC I had the feeling I didn't like this track but didn't know why. Probably that T2-T3 combo which is hard to get right but after driving some several laps and watching some real life footage and guides you can dial in some great laps from a Mazda Miata to Gt3 and LMP cars.
Of course being it's really challenging to get them right lap after lap but it's so rewarding that I don't "hate" this track.
already in my top 10 driven tracks
1627353263382.png

And of course thanks for letting me test the track in advance and letting me make a these cameras sets.

Now it's time to get Sachsenring's ideal line cause that still causes me trouble.

Last edited:
I originally wrote a huge essay on this, but it was a bit overkill...

Anyway, if you want to read the 'short' version, read on...

So, in 2009 I found a £200 flight to Atlanta in September when PLM was on. I booked it thinking it was a 7 hour flight... but turned out to be a 31 hour trip with a night spent on the floor of Toronto airport.

Got to the circuit Friday and loved it. Next to Spa and Nurburgring, it's one of the most accessible and thrilling 'big event' circuits in the world. Every corner is viewable and every corner is a unique experience. Friendly fans and a lovely part of the world.

And what am entry list! Finally the P1 Acuras, Peugeots and Audis would meet... and the best GT2 class in the world with the privateer Ford sticking it to the works Ferrari, Porsche, BMW and Corvettes in qualifying.

That evening, exploring Athens, I got hit on by someone apparently charmed by my British accent but who quickly lost interest in me when I hadn't heard of the New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees. Later found out that it was his sister...

Race day Saturday and a superb start. In the Acuras we finally had a petrol that could hang with the diesels. McNish on top form keeping the Peugeots honest. But then, four hours into the ten hour race, the heavens opened. And they did not close. I may have taken a 7260km trip to be there but Mother Nature did not care and proceeded to drop the area's highest ever recorded one day rainfall. The race was cancelled not even halfway run.

Anyway, back to Athens and there was a lot of noise coming down the road where my hotel was. Turned out, at the end of the road is the world's seventh biggest sporting stadium. So spent my last 20 dollars on a ticket, a beer and some chicken and had a decent enough evening in the rain anyway.

In summary though, this is one of my top three tracks in the world, be it for spectating in person, watching races on TV or driving in sims. Every corner is a unique challenge with multiple lines.

I can't wait to see what you do with it - thanks for your hard work on this and thanks for the thread to follow.

Although I've never had a problem with any previous incarnation, I actually liked them all, there is still a question I feel the need to ask...

So, how soon can I rid my game of the imitation/s?... lol.

Once again, this is just for the giggles. Until I get this one, I'll go right in game and run round what we've got not knowing any better.

Although I've never had a problem with any previous incarnation, I actually liked them all, there is still a question I feel the need to ask...

So, how soon can I rid my game of the imitation/s?... lol.

Once again, this is just for the giggles. Until I get this one, I'll go right in game and run round what we've got not knowing any better.
Hoping for a release around August 6-7

I'll be at Watkins Glen this weekend for the NASCAR race. You tease me, John! Honestly, this is the last major US track other than Sebring that really needed this treatment, so I'm extremely excited to spend many hours having fun at one of my favorite tracks again.
We’ll see if I can stick to that release date, still need to do some proper night lighting or some greasy hands will be all over that

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 415 39.8%