Road Atlanta

Tracks Road Atlanta 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
jim lloyd submitted a new resource:

Road Atlanta 2016 - Full Layout 2016

Road Atlanta 2016 for Assetto Corsa By Jim Lloyd - Conversion with Permission From UZI and is based on his RF2 Track

Track Features
  • 26 Pit boxes
  • Road Mesh
  • Complete 3D terrain
  • Dynamic racing groove
  • Track Map
  • Working AI
  • TV Cameras
  • 3D Grass
  • Audio Reverb's (Bridges and wooded areas)
  • 2D Crowds (Rename roadatlanta2016crowds if you don't like them)
Credits:

• Rainmaker - who did all the hard work with the initial conversion...

Read more about this resource...

Awesome work Jim the track looks really impressive / really detailed , I will come back and leave a review when I have some more time to download it and test it correctly be wrong to do so currently :)

Thank you so much for this - and all the work you're doing to bring excellent quality tracks to AC.

I tried a slightly earlier version of this track, that you posted to another forum a week or two back, and really enjoyed racing on it. So much of this track is about the feel and texture of those curbs and the ones on your version really bring the track to life.

Thanks again.

I'm going to post about it every time I see it. This is really getting old and I know we discussed this about this track already.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_road_atlanta2016_15-11-117-16-54-21.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_road_atlanta2016_15-11-117-16-54-0.jpg

Also I have an idea for tracks like this. What if a new base track was built on lidar data (which this track has) and the assets from this track used with permission so you get an actual accurate track and save time by reusing assets. That way we can get accurate tracks quicker. I have a feeling certain parts of this track are not accurate at all.

Another track that could follow this is idea is Mosport as I have lidar for it and same goes for a few others out there.

Meh, Mosport is boring.
It was just an example and I really could care less what someone else thinks is boring or not. And Aphidgod's response is a joke about a comment some idiot made in the past who eventually got banned.

In any case I think my idea could work and we could actually get accurate tracks and not hand me down inaccurate conversion layouts. Building a new base track on lidar is pretty much the easiest part of track making for those who don't know. The time consuming part is building assets.

I'm going to post about it every time I see it. This is really getting old and I know we discussed this about this track already.
View attachment 222455

View attachment 222454
Come on buddy, i have not finished yet, ill get this stuff fixed, you know what its like with the UVS, i will have to spend a ton of time going through the trees and separating them and remapping them, it will get done,,,,just squint your eyes and admit its alright;) for a conversion

It was just an example and I really could care less what someone else thinks is boring or not. And Aphidgod's response is a joke about a comment some idiot made in the past who eventually got banned.

In any case I think my idea could work and we could actually get accurate tracks and not hand me down inaccurate conversion layouts. Building a new base track on lidar is pretty much the easiest part of track making for those who don't know. The time consuming part is building assets.

ps im up for this.. mosport i mean, you still got that lidar data

Reactions: F_B
ps im up for this.. mosport i mean, you still got that lidar data
Honestly I would rather test it with RA first. At least to see how accurate it really is. And yes I do have lidar for mosport and many other US tracks. Much of the eastern US is covered in usable lidar data.

As for trees just get Asset Sketcher from blender market and quickly and easily replace all the trees with new correct Y tree models. And if it ain't finished I would consider a 0.8 release number instead of 1.0 but that is a minor thing.

Hoping New Hamshire is part of that data. A New Hamshire Road with south oval in Assetto would be a dream come true. Best Roval track there is!!
I have picked up a few ovals along the way. I have Nazareth and Rockingham (US). I agree the NHMS oval/road course combo looks pretty cool from videos I have seen. Might have to take a look for it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back