Tracks Road America

Love the track, love your work, one of the best track modders in AC, always looking forward to whatever track you're working on.
(Though personally Riverside and Bridgehampton are not my kind of tracks)
Thanks for keeping AC track library growing.

I don't think I will be doing "traditional" 3D grass on Road America. It takes so much time and this CSP grass looks so damn good now. This is I believe now the 3rd iteration of it which I believe will be out fairly soon.

This is at the kink where they added a SAFER barrier last year and extended the curb a bit. We of course try to stay as up to date as possible while building it.
Screenshot_shelby_cobra_289_lilski_road_america_20-1-120-0-27-37.jpg

it would make it CM/CSP only (at least to see the grass) right?
how would it look on "vanilla content"?
though only a few people care about vanilla content, it makes no sense. it's like using rf1 without Real Feel plugin

it would make it CM/CSP only (at least to see the grass) right?
how would it look on "vanilla content"?
though only a few people care about vanilla content, it makes no sense. it's like using rf1 without Real Feel plugin
You would just get no 3d grass with vanilla AC. Which still looks fine overall. It would look similar to iracing without the 3d on top.

Vanilla AC
Screenshot_shelby_cobra_289_lilski_road_america_22-1-120-16-28-39.jpg

Last edited:
The 3d grass really improves the visuals when you sit low down in a car and the grass sort of changes the silhouette of the road edge, kerb edges and how it improves the bigger open areas. The shadows also look much better. To me that lower image looks just like a good texture whereas the upper one is very very good. The blades of the grass are the only thing that really look a bit off and I mean tiny tiny bit off. And of course in motion the difference is even bigger.

I think somewhere between the two would be ideal. I think generally even the Kunos 3D grass is a bit too long. It needs to be half the height or have more variance to be totally convincing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back