Tracks Road America [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i got clearly less fps, the cpu load is bigger, plus no diference from the phys mesh felt the same to me
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Driving on HUGE triangles
302ovIa.jpg

vs a conversion done properly (aosta) which would have started off just like your road america source
Z9P6iJm.jpg

get your head out of the sand man i can feel every one of those triangles driving through the corners on this....

from the guy who knows what hes talking about:
DO NOT be afraid of too high of a poly count on the physical. I have done tests between a 40k and 600k poly mesh and found ZERO loss in FPS. The only thing I saw is it may add some time to your loading time. But be reasonable with your numbers. For example Kunos Monza is exactly 400k triangles and the Nordschleife is around 730k triangles. The key is to make sure you set the renderable setting in the editor to false. Also obviously the the physical model should be called 01ROAD and the visual can be anything else.

The reason this is important is if the physical layer is low count like the visual you get this "notchy" feel to your track. If you have a hill instead of driving smoothly over it you are essentially driving over one flat plane after another.

set render to false in editor = 0fps impact

funny stuff :laugh::laugh::laugh::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

i created a new mesh with more than 10 times more polygons, and render off in the editor so it wasnt rendered., 0 impact wasnt the case since the cpu has to take care of the phsysics mesh. so this was the result

something must have gone very wrong then as kunos meshes are high resolution and work fine, and i assume bridgehampton works for you too, that probably has more tris in its mesh than scanned nordschleife.

Like I've said before, there's many custom tracks with high res phys mesh and that looks better than yours and runs perfectly fine with full grid of cars.
So either you have crap equipment or you don't know what you're doing or both.

So I was incredibly bored last night and didn't feel like working on my own projects and decided to search my name. Yeah I know lame but it led me here. At first I thought this was another "Rainmaker" situation but I see you did actually give it a try. The problem is you likely did it wrong.

Now I again show proof that this can be done with minimal effort. As with rainmaker I am willing to explain the process if you don't understand it. You don't have to recreate the entire road to do what it shown here.

First up is the original mesh
Capture.JPG

Second up is the higher resolution mesh
Capture1.JPG

And here is the video of the before and after. It is still there slightly in the second half but it is hardly noticeable now. And I checked an on-board of the real RA and there is no bump here.

I only did this one section for now but after nailing down the process that I forgot after solitude it would take me maybe 5 minutes from start to finish on this one section.

As in the past I am willing to HELP with this and explain the process in private. Also please don't take this the wrong way but PLEASE do not say something is impossible when it has been proved now twice that it is. I know it can be hard to take advice from someone who has not made any mods but they were indeed right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%