Resource icon

Tracks Road America (3 seasons) 1.06

Login or Register an account to download this content
Good one!

We will try to sort it out.

EDIT: Ah hah... I see the problem, its in the curb. Its hard to see in the video. The first person to ID the problem will win a free update of Road America for AMS. :p

Thanks for the bug hunting guys, keep it up so that the next version can be the final update.

Last edited:
@Gringo

Just want to thank you, Patrick & the team for this and the rest of the great tracks.:thumbsup:

To assist all your loyal fans, could you put version numbers on the index page. It would make it easier for everyone to keep track of what they need.

Not a bug, but just an observation while driving around the track. The entrance ramp to the pits is almost kind of "S" shaped on the right side as shown in your first screenshot in this thread.

This aerial photo http://fineartamerica.com/featured/r-025-road-america-elkhart-lake-wisconsin-summer-bill-lang.html shows a straighter, gentler approach on the right.

Eagerly awaiting the next track. Keep up the good work.:):):)

Hi Patrick,

Thank you very much for your hard work, much appreciated.

Regarding the Road America track you chose to update, in my opinion is the worst choice possible. The original track has all the corners wrong, track elevations are wrong, kerbs just want to kill you :)), I'm not sure even the track width is the correct one in some parts of the circuit.

Your latest update improved a lot the track but there is still a lot of work needed. Thx again for your hard work.

What I would like to bring to your attention is that there is another track Road America available for GSC.

This track has an almost perfect layout and also the track elevations are spot on, only a couple of corners need some run off areas to be updated.

So if you have some free time someday please check it out.
You are doing a lot of work which you could not do because the track made by Ronnie82 is already good to start with.

I would very much appreciate if you find the time to take a look at this track.

I found the track on the DigiProst YouTube channel:

Mod Edit: Hotlinking to external downloads is not permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
in my opinion is the worst choice possible.

We want a good driving experience. You need to consider the poly density of the track surface. PG's choice was the best one from the available source tracks.

I doubt you could find a track anywhere on any site that he has not looked at.

PG's choice
PGRAmAMS.jpg

You don't want this in AMS. In fact its impossible to upgrade this one as it is (and the track would need work to increase the poly count). Can you imagine how accurate could the camber be With only 2 poly for the entire track width how accurate could the track really be? The accuracy is an avid approximation at best, just as most tracks are. Micro bumps, AMS groove, marbles are not gonna happen with the low poly mesh. I notice lots of yt video for rF2 track conversions techniques available that can give you an idea of what is required for a good track. Why not give a conversion a go yourself.

RA2011SHIFTRIP.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure the choice was the worst possible.
First I asked permissions to the ffsca website as I found the track there. Ronnie ripped tracks from everywhere without asking anything. Dont know where this one is from.
Second, I compared the version I had with the real layout before starting any new work. I knew all curbs and some snad traps were wrong (because of old layout) so I decided to modify them as much as possible.
I have put the track layout over the real one :
Sans_titre-15.20167262424.jpg

Well, I dont really think all corners are wrong.
Concerning elevations we can't use this picture. In fact most of wrong things are outside the track, but corners have a good match here.
I never said that this version will be the best on earth or match a laser scanned version. It has some defaults or wrong things in some place, but it is really better by far from the original I had at the beginning in my opinion.
Anyway, I will not rework the other version. Too much time spent on this one and not time availaible for this now.

My problem is this. From the cockpit view, the track surface looks great for what appears to be roughly 5 feet in front of the car. From 5 feet on the texture changes where the track surface appears subtlety different and not as crisp if you will. I had this problem before in race 7, and the fix had something to do with changing a value in I believe a ini file . Am I the only one with this problem?

Patrick Giranthon updated Road America (3 seasons) with a new update entry:

Single track package of Road America for AMS to syncronize with the MEGA pack v1.1

This is the same track version as found in the 23 track MEGA pack update v1.1 in a single track package.

Updated with AMS v1.2x AIW and TDF parametrers.
Improved UI track list cascade menu.
Track info details are corrected and up to AMS standard.
Accurate pit lane speed limits.
Support for the F-Truck diesel smoke effects.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm having an issue with this track. I try to load a race and the system throws an error that it can't find a whole variety of files.gmt (I've tried deleting the references to them in the .scn to see if that fixes the issue, but I've done about 20 attempts and it still is finding files it can't find. at this rate there won't be a track left to load). I'm not sure what's going on but I've had this issue with others in the megapack track pack. Let me know if anyone has a solution - I'll be here removing .gmt references from the .scn file... for eternity.

EDIT: I stopped when it was throwing errors for something called "CONCA." I couldn't find it, and gave up. Help me pls

EDIT 2: I managed to get it to work. I had to move all the .mas files in the main RoadAmericaCART folder to the main Locations folder. Not sure why it didn't work before, but it works now!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back