Resource icon

Tracks Road America (3 seasons) 1.06

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, Thanks again for the bug reports.

I have not been able to reproduce the bug on my system, however we have seen this before and knew where to look.

This small patch tested fine on my system and I hope this will solve the issue. Find the link to a zip file with a (hopefully) fixed GMT object. Copy the GMT to the track folder.

Code:
..\GameData\Locations\Road_AmericaCART\track19.gmt

https://mega.nz/#!MdVGCbqR!4hoQo2YSR0XBBxCvbvacGvyBqlOCLN7unMx8Iq0Kbho

Let me know if the fix works or not (a track update will come later)

Cheers

EDIT : It looks like the problem is not in the track so there is no need for this patch.

EDIT AGAIN : Make sure to delete this GMT file if you tried it.

Last edited:
Great conversion of a great track, thanks very much as usual to Patrick, Gringo et al.

I notice that the start lights on all 3 versions of the track are not synchronised with the actual start. If I drop the clutch when the lights go green I'll get a false start drive through. I have to wait until I hear the final start beep before actually starting.

I just hit the same thing under the Speedville sign with the Camaro on the Spring version.

Thank you so much for this track though! :inlove:
I think it is a last change consequence of adding collision to the bridge. SuperV8 is taller than the CARt for instance, and the 3D object is designed in a way the car hit it when collision on. Will be removed with new cams. I have done a collision wall instead.

Last edited:
ok, then if you run offline just edit the .scn of the track , with notepad or notepad ++ :

Find this entry with the search option :

Instance=ra_bridge03_e3_loda
{
MeshFile=ra_bridge03_e3_loda.gmt CollTarget=true HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Dynamic,Solid,128,128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(700.0)
}

{
MeshFile=ra_bridge03_e3_loda.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Dynamic,Solid,128,128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(700.0)
}

Do this on the layout you use , or do it on the 3 versions if you prefer

@DEIC

:rolleyes:

No need to point these things out. All of the track imperfections are realized by the team... that's why Patrick spent a few weeks to study the current track and update the old track as much as reasonably possible (and then a bit more).

The tracks are "conversions" with the added enhancements of the new AMS graphics and physics features. In most cases its not possible to make big mesh changes without breaking stuff like shaders, or mapping. It can be done but what you want is best done when making the track from scratch (or if you had the original max file perhaps). Thanks for your understanding.

PS... Except for T2 and T14 the fastest way around is not on the curbs. imo

Last edited:
Reactions: hex
Awesome track, thanks so much. I also got the bug under the bridge with autumn track and with super trucks. Made a mess of the truck lol. Will wait for it to be patched

Yuo can try this if you run offline. Cams should come soon.
ok, then if you run offline just edit the .scn of the track , with notepad or notepad ++ :

Find this entry with the search option :

{
MeshFile=ra_bridge03_e3_loda.gmt CollTarget=true HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Dynamic,Solid,128,128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(700.0)
}

{
MeshFile=ra_bridge03_e3_loda.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(Dynamic,Solid,128,128) LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(700.0)
}

Do this on the layout you use , or do it on the 3 versions if you prefer

we have a multiclass race on this weekend, boxers and metalmoro, should we postpone it or will it be fixed by then?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%