Tracks Riverside International Raceway

I think Kunos should put you in charge of the US tracks. Totally fantastic work and the ovals, too. Just have Marco get a couple of licenses and the guys do the laserscan, then rock 'n roll! Lilski go send your resume to them!

I think Kunos should put you in charge of the US tracks. Totally fantastic work and the ovals, too. Just have Marco get a couple of licenses and the guys do the laserscan, then rock 'n roll! Lilski go send your resume to them!
I appreciate the compliments. I personally don't think I'm at that high of a level yet. My main concern is I have yet to deal with anything like lidar or laser scan yet. My next project is lidar based so I am looking forward to learning that process. It will also give me a better Idea as to how long a track actually takes. Rebuilding ghost tracks is a much tougher task in many ways than to have something like laser scan data. It takes all the guess work out of the picture and you can get all the photos you want just by going there.

Can you tell me how you created the reflection in the windows of the buildings?
I already tried out the reflection shaders in combination with a black diffuse texture, but I still couldn't find out how it's done.

Can you tell me how you created the reflection in the windows of the buildings?
I already tried out the reflection shaders in combination with a black diffuse texture, but I still couldn't find out how it's done.
ksperpixelreflection is the shader I use.
upload_2016-6-18_9-57-40.png

upload_2016-6-18_9-58-11.png

If you increase the ksspecularEXP to say 500 and fresnelexp down to 1 you get this

upload_2016-6-18_10-3-17.png

When I release 0.5 I I had it at like 500 but I felt the reflections were too pronounced. So i lowered it to 100 for 0.6 and that is what it is now.

The texture is just a simple grey 64x64 texture. Does not need any alpha channel or anything.

Here is a video to see the latest updates in motion. Was testing performance with full field and it runs very well even when completely un-optimized at this point. Still some tweaks and fixes to do before 0.7. Some RVs still need to be more random and road edges don't match yet.

I also tried a new technique for the land texture maps to get some more random details which match a normal map so it looks like they have some depth.

My God! You have really given Riverside a realistic atmosphere with the spectator stands, RVs, people, signs, etc... I don't think I've ever been this excited to drive a WIP before, but I can't wait to get my hands on 0.8! :laugh: This track is shaping up to be a masterpiece.

@LilSki you mentioned that your next project is going to be LIDAR based. Have you revealed which track you're going to be building next?

My God! You have really given Riverside a realistic atmosphere with the spectator stands, RVs, people, signs, etc... I don't think I've ever been this excited to drive a WIP before, but I can't wait to get my hands on 0.8! :laugh: This track is shaping up to be a masterpiece.

@LilSki you mentioned that your next project is going to be LIDAR based. Have you revealed which track you're going to be building next?
NJMPL.JPG

iRacing has a "tech" version of the track, could be worth taking a look at to get some more pointers, especially regarding the layout itself. It's still a WIP (more like standby), but it's fairly advanced in development.
They only have a tech version of Thunderbolt as far as I know. This is the Lightning course.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back