Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Good news! I've managed to track this down to nVidia MFAA and motion blur (both default to ON with latest nVidia drivers). With both ON, there's this weird stuff going on. When either of them OFF, everything looks as it should.

Here's a screenshot of the issue, notice the vertical bars on the skid marks about two car lengths into the corner:
Screenshot_ks_nissan_370z_riverside_19_8_116_11.jpg

P.S. This may also be relevant, for narrowing the problem down if nothing else: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/triple-1080p-gtx970-settings.35321/#post-730665
Huh that is interesting. However I don't think there is anything I can do about it if it's a driver/AC issue.

Thanks for another great update LilSki :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing the blimp again. Haven`t seen that thing since they brought one over to Edinburgh for about a week somewhere around the early 80s.

@LilSki I hope you still have/keep the motivation to do another track after riverside is finished and we get another quality US track from you for AC. If you do.what are your thoughts about one of the big ones like a Mid Ohio Daytona RC Watkins or Sebring?..or maybe none of those even interest you?:unsure: and with the quality you have put in your 2 tracks so far. any of these tracks would definitely be a great experience. maybe one day we get to see one of these tracks with your name on it .cheers

..btw.i didn't think riverside would be a track i was going to like at all when first seen it. WRONG! i constantly seem to find myself back there putting in laps way too much like Bathurst,Oulton park,Nordschleife,Highlands park .....

I believe the next one is already decided. (NJMP) I lobbied hard for Watkins and Lime Rock myself. :D
:confused:Really? NJMP Man i hope not what a dull ass looking track that is.anyone but that one:roflmao:+1 for watkins or a bone rattling sebring would definitely be better than that anyday

:confused:Really? NJMP Man i hope not what a dull ass looking track that is.anyone but that one:roflmao:+1 for watkins or a bone rattling sebring would definitely be better than that anyday
It's NJMP Lightning to be exact and it is anything but boring as I have driven it a few times.

I'm hesitant to do a big track like glen, road America, mid Ohio, etc as they would be most likely to be done by kunos themselves. My favorite part or building tracks is getting to race other people on what I created. If I spent a year on a track only to have kunos end up buidling it with laserscan data then I would never be able to race people on my track.

Building to this level takes an enormous amount of time. Last thing I want is all that time to be undermined by the almighty laser scanner.

It's NJMP Lightning to be exact and it is anything but boring as I have driven it a few times.

I'm hesitant to do a big track like glen, road America, mid Ohio, etc as they would be most likely to be done by kunos themselves. My favorite part or building tracks is getting to race other people on what I created. If I spent a year on a track only to have kunos end up buidling it with laserscan data then I would never be able to race people on my track.

Building to this level takes an enormous amount of time. Last thing I want is all that time to be undermined by the almighty laser scanner.
You make a fair point. when kunos do get around and do their first US track i hope its something other than laguna but bet it will be. marco kinda already let the cat outta the bag about which US track it was after that poll was done lately and it was quite obvious what it is. but a laser scanned track from the states is a better than a kick in the arse and just adds another quality track to AC. with NJMP "lightning" no disrespect to the track i thought you might have a personal reason to want to do the track as you have actually driven there and makes perfect sense you would want to replicate it . it just didn't look that great seeing some footage but it probably is a blast to actually have a thrash around irl there like any track can be once you out there on it. And guess what i will probably drive the s#it outta your version of it too. just like bridgehampton and riverside have made me do:sneaky:. The main thing is you are still going to bring another track for all of us to marvel at

Amazing work. This and Bridge Hampton are amazing.

If I had to make one suggestion for Riverside it would be if you could somehow offer a Crowd-free version of the track (sort of like an offday /trackday version without fans.). I know its part of the ambiance but the large amount of 2D crowd is a bit difficult to overlook at times, its thru no fault of your own and there's very little you can do to make it look better than it already looks. Even if you did it 3D I dont think it would look quite right, plus it would take a toll on the performance for many users. Maybe offering different KN5 files that one can rename and choose if preferred?

Great work!

Amazing work. This and Bridge Hampton are amazing.

If I had to make one suggestion for Riverside it would be if you could somehow offer a Crowd-free version of the track (sort of like an offday /trackday version without fans.). I know its part of the ambiance but the large amount of 2D crowd is a bit difficult to overlook at times, its thru no fault of your own and there's very little you can do to make it look better than it already looks. Even if you did it 3D I dont think it would look quite right, plus it would take a toll on the performance for many users. Maybe offering different KN5 files that one can rename and choose if preferred?

Great work!
Take a look at the track folder. There is a veh kn5. To kill the crowd on any track simply rename camera_facing.ini. Nothing I can do about crowd as I cannot tie it to grid size. But I will likely tie the RVs to grid size so practice will only have a few.

Take a look at the track folder. There is a veh kn5. To kill the crowd on any track simply rename camera_facing.ini. Nothing I can do about crowd as I cannot tie it to grid size. But I will likely tie the RVs to grid size so practice will only have a few.

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.

I think I saw in the log of 1.8 or somewhere that now it is possible to animate rotating objects (namely the fans on some cars)... any idea if it can be used on some track objects?

I think I saw in the log of 1.8 or somewhere that now it is possible to animate rotating objects (namely the fans on some cars)... any idea if it can be used on some track objects?
Yeah I saw that. Not sure if car animations can be used for tracks though. But yes I would love to get the 76 balls as well as the top of the scoring tower to rotate. You could maybe even use it to make the blimp fly a large circle around the track instead of a straight line.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.6%