rise/fall sensitivity issue

When I set the rise/fall sensitivity in the advanced controls menu to reduce steering jerkiness (with generic USB joy-pad controller) it sticks the Steer Left contol to the on/right position, and the wheels of the car in-game are permanently turned either left, or right when I steer right. If I reset the Steer Left control, it works fine, but if I try to use the rise/fall sensitivity slider things, the Check for the control indicates that it's stuck on again.

Whut?

Okay, I've tried that, and it's more confusing.

If I set Steer Left to a different button, it all works fine.

If I set everything up correctly in the control file (using a dead spot in the axis, so that it doesn't assume that no steer right means steer left) then it still flicks between on and off, with no rise/fall smoothness. But, if I click Analog, it does have the rise/fall sensitivity, but it's also stuck in the on position again.

My harsh answer would be: get a wheel, Logitech DFP or newer

My kind answer would be : get a wheel, Logitech DFP or newer

I alternate between a mouse and a DFP (when I can wrestle it off the kids PC & PS3), I just CANNOT set laptimes with a mouse (or decent joystick) anywhere near what I can with the DFP & the new feedback settings.

Just looked, for example best on Mugello I've done in the same car (TCI-BMW M3) with mouse or joystick is 2:42, with DFP 2:16

Really, get a wheel, Logitech DFP or newer you won't regret it. Promise.

The Fanatec 911 Carrera wheel is another possibility, it's quite cheap but it has 3 pedals, a H-shifter and 900 degree wheel. I doubt that you have problems affording something better though, eh? :tongue:

They've got the pedals on different axes by now, right? That was a huge disappointment for me when I tried a wheel about half a decade ago...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%