RIR 1980s v1.4 for rFactor

Tracks RIR 1980s v1.4 for rFactor Version 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
gwaldock submitted a new resource:

RIR 1980s v1.4 for rFactor - Scratch-built classic track for rFactor

Truly a large part of a bygone era, RIR was one of the greatest race tracks ever created. The best drivers of their time competed (and some died) at World-Class events there. RIR appeared in numerous movies and TV shows over the years and had many celebrity drivers / visitors. It was considered a challenge just to stay on the track; winning a race was incredibly difficult and several legendary drivers lost their lives in the attempt.
I grew up in the high desert approximately...

Read more about this resource...

gwaldock updated RIR 1980s v1.4 for rFactor with a new update entry:

Option to remove washboard roads - Riverside International Raceway in the 1980s v1.4 for rFactor

Although I have never been a fan of fake / revisionist smoothing of old racetrack surfaces, I feel that rFactor's attempt to emulate "washboard" asphalt may be too rough. There no denying that old tracks like RIR and Big Willow were/are bumpy but to convey that roughness in a Sim can be very challenging.

This archive includes modified versions of rFactor's original Terrain Data Files (TDF); you now have an opportunity to remove the so-called "washboarding" at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

gwaldock updated RIR 1980s v1.4 for rFactor with a new update entry:

RIR 1980s v1.5 for rFactor

All three circuits of Riverside International Raceway in the 1980s v1.5
Truly a large part of a bygone era, RIR was one of the greatest race tracks ever created. The best drivers of their time competed (and some died) at World-Class events there. RIR appeared in numerous movies and TV shows over the years and had many celebrity drivers / visitors. It was considered a challenge just to stay on the track; winning a race was incredibly difficult and several legendary...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Gwaldock,
i converted and updated Riverside back in 2012, for Rf1/GTR2/GTL and i loved the layout.
Your version is better a pleasure to drive.
A great tribute to a long gone work of art, thank you.

No... thank YOU, sir. I am a admirer of your terrific work and I have downloaded many of your beautiful tracks over the years. IMHO your version comes closer to conveying RIR's essence than ANY rendition prior to mine. I was inspired by it; if you spot any of your models or textures in my creation PLEASE let me know so that I can give you proper credit. Thanks again!

Gwaldock,
thank you for your comments, much appreciated.Any models, textures that i provided can be used by anybody, and no credit is needed.
I did this track and many others for the love of the old tracks and just doing it.

I did this track and many others for the love of the old tracks and just doing it.[/QUOTE said:
We are of exactly the same mind, philrob. The "need to update" old tracks may start all over again for me if / when I become enamored with a superior platform in the future. Despite its' shortcomings I am happy with gmotor-based racing sims but you never know... at one time I was convinced that GPL was the best available sim :rolleyes:

I came to the same conclusion a while ago.I now do most of my tracks and cars in RF2, a great platform with so much potential.My last conversion was Enna Pergusa No Chicane, runs great in RF2. But i have reworked many old favourites, with the corresponding quality improvement.

I purchased RF2 beta in early 2012 but I have not fired it up in years. I guess I just got lazy / tired of installing the seemingly endless new builds and instead opted to wait for the "finished" version; is it there yet?

The latest version of the RF2 sim is much improved over the 2012 version.It is a Steam only game now.
Huge improvements to physics, tyres, graphics, rain, lighting and much more. Development still continues and probably will for some time.
It is my choice of all of the current Sims and i have them all except I Racing.

Good to know. I will give it another go after I finish a couple of ongoing projects.

Thank you for your insight, sir. Your opinion means a lot to me.

I can't get enough of this track, my only issue is deciding which mod to run next, my buds love it as well and many of them (not having AC) have not really understood what i've been saying about Riverside for years, now they get it....

Such a wonderful work and something that I will say is more than worth the wait...

Every lap just makes me smile so much, I look around and it just feels like home to me...

I can't get enough of this track, my only issue is deciding which mod to run next, my buds love it as well and many of them (not having AC) have not really understood what i've been saying about Riverside for years, now they get it....

Such a wonderful work and something that I will say is more than worth the wait...

Every lap just makes me smile so much, I look around and it just feels like home to me...
Thanks for your contributions Bill; this project would not be the same without your assistance. I am gratified that you are so happy with it. You, of all people, would know what it should be.

btw: I have added a couple of new features to the rFactor version:
  • All five "76" balls now rotate.
  • The scoreboard displays actual race status.
These will be included in the next update.

Last edited:
I can't get this to load remotely? (ie: I have multiple installs of rFactor and use 1 "full" install to host all the tracks and the "lite" version for mods) It works fine if I install it to the same directory as the rFactor Im using, but if I edit the config.ini to use tracks in the full rFactor it freezes. I was having the issue previously, so I tried it with a fresh install of rFfull and rFlite, no mods and just 2 add-on tracks. The other track will load fine. Any ideas? Love the track, it's beautiful!! Thanks!

Reran config just to be sure.. No dice.. Here's the thing, I just installed your Willow Springs and it's fine.. Something about Riverside? Can't get my head around it.. lol I've deleted/re-dl'd a few times..

I'm sorry that you are having these troubles, but I don't get it either. Are both rFactor installations on the same machine and/or hard drive? Do all three courses crash? What, exactly, happens when you try to launch them?

Yea, both installs are on same hdd and sub directory. All 3 versions freeze when I go to load the track, the yellow bar at the bottom never even starts and I can't get out unless I hit "esc" which sends me to desktop. Like I said though, if I install the track to the rFactor (directory) Im playing, it loads and runs fine. Next Im going to try just using 2 rFactor "lite" installs and see if it does the same. (Note: no worries on apologies, it works for my friends Highbank and The Tigg, so it's probably something on my end, I just can't figure out what. Just odd that Willow Springs works fine.)

I've got 1.5 TB available. 16GB ram and a GTX1050 Ti. I also tried using two installs of "lite" as well as different resolutions, but still no go.. Its no biggy, I'll just pop em' into each install.. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%