RIP Niki Lauda: 1949-2019

f1fea6388d23fdd1b89bac8d582aae51.jpg
57533389.jpg

RIP Niki Lauda.

Thank you for showing us what true determination and tenacity can yield. Also, your contributions to motorsport and airline safety will never be in vain.

You will be missed by all of us.

• Deleted member 561801

All my condolences and rest in peace Lauda. You'll stay and forever the best of all the history of F1!!

Sad news. One of F1's greats. I just wish I could watch Rush again, but that lung hoovering scene just puts me off watching the film again. Horrific injuries and subsequent treatments he had to go through.

Would love to watch the 1976 season also, but curiously there's no decent full race footage available, that I can find, it's mostly, if not all, bad quality foreign language commentary (usually short) videos on Youtube.

1976 seems to be a no-go area across racing sims also. Understandable really.

RIP Nikki Lauda

Last edited:
1976 was the year I started following F1. I cut out all the newspaper articles and glued them into a big map.
We also met him in the paddock at Silverstone in 1977.
He truly colored the sport with his personality and determination.
Fare you well, Niki.

I read a funny story about the friendship between Lauda and Hunt. At the final race in 1976 in Japan, Lauda and Hunt had next-door rooms at the hotel they were staying at. On the morning of the race, Lauda goose-stepped into the room, Hunt with one of his girlfriends, and shouted "Today, I vin the Vorld Championship"

An incredibly intelligent man, the ultimate rationalist and a determined, indomitable fighting spirit.

May he rest in peace

I was 10 in 75 when Niki won his first F1 title,sitting next to my now late father,with pop and Crisps in hand,cheering yelling like mad,dreaming as im sure a lot on here have done, of been an F1 driver (Champion).I salute you Sir of been a champion,a no non-sense straight talking man,a LEGEND in my eyes,a good old round guy..R.I.P NIKI LAUDA a true motoring Icon.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back