RIP F2 Driver Hubert

I hate to see this kind of thing happen...to any driver.
I have not seen the accident but apparently he lost the car hitting the barrier and was 'speared' back on track...before getting hit.
Clearly it was a freak accident.
Chances are...on most days, he'd have simply walked away or at the very least been assisted from the car and be racing in a few weeks.
Very sad...for his family and friends.
Condolences..

Last edited:
:(

Time they rethink Eau Rouge or all the safety work in past years means nothing

So better to stop racing at all!
--
One more think to mention:
This things happen, each driver is (or has to be) aware of.
What would you say on Isle of Man then? They would ran out of corners, if they would reconfigure one for each who died there. It would look more like a Indianapolis, if you know what I mean.
My point is, racing is dangerous, many are forgetting that. It`s said when some life is lost because of it, but ones more, we all know what racing is about, so even the worst can happen.

Last edited:
Yes it is tragic and a sad loss that a young man has died and another is in hospital, but before everyone starts screaming for the track to be modified how many races successfully passed that corner without crashing?

Motorsport is supposed to be thrilling & exciting, young men (and a handful of young women) are biologically & hormonally programmed to take risks, combine the two and crashes are going to happen when something breaks or someone 'runs out of skill' at the wrong time.

Leave the tracks alone unless they are killing drivers on a regular basis. Otherwise the tracks will end up being a series of sweeping curves with miles of run-off areas.

The only way to make motorsport safe is to stop racing on tracks and do it in simulators instead.

:(

Time they rethink Eau Rouge or all the safety work in past years means nothing

Antoine died because Juan-Manuel Correa stayed on full throttle on that run-off area. And you can not blame him: everyone does it. It's the duty of FIA to make this impossible, also on other tracks.
The way all drivers in all series use all that run off space is insane.. and extremely dangerous.
You could argue that tire walls often throw the cars back onto the track, but this was not the case: he was thrown back into the run-off area... and no car should stay full throttle in run offs.
If they do not find a solution, Raidillon will disappear, just like all other challenging corners...

Last edited:
Antoine died because Juan-Manuel Correa stayed on full throttle on that run-off area.

That's a very poor way of wording it, Eau Rouge is blind until you're right over the top of it, T-cams dont do the angle justice, as Correa got to the top at about 170mph he was met with Guiliano Alesi on the racing line who'd just crashed, hence why he went onto the run off to avoid him and unfortunately Hubert's car bounced directly into Correa's path, he had literally no time to react, plus if you watch the rather unfortunate spectator film of the accident you can see Correa's brakes appear to be locked right before the impact.

Nothing particular is to blame for Hubert's death, it's an insanely unfortunate chain of events.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 244 13.5%