Right foot braking & heel-toe

Jasje

Premium
Did anyone notice that the drivers are using heel & toe when they downshift? If you look down in VR you can clearly see it.

I thought GT3 cars had auto-blip these days?

Can't find any pedal-cam vids with manual blipping?

I thought GT3 cars had auto-blip these days?
Yup, I thought so too and the videos pretty much prove that they do :)
Did anyone notice that the drivers are using heel & toe when they downshift? If you look down in VR you can clearly see it.
Had never noticed that! Then again I don't have VR.
Perhaps it is the same animation across the whole AC range (all kinds of cars, I mean) and it just got forgotten when assets were recycled for ACC? (If anything got recycled, and I assume stuff did...)

Yup, I thought so too and the videos pretty much prove that they do :)
Had never noticed that! Then again I don't have VR.
Perhaps it is the same animation across the whole AC range (all kinds of cars, I mean) and it just got forgotten when assets were recycled for ACC? (If anything got recycled, and I assume stuff did...)

But the feet didn't move in the original AC?

Yep, that's why I was amazed to see that all cars have pedal animations when braking where the driver blips on downshifts. You clearly see the foot moving. Strange that Kunos went through all that trouble to animate this.

Yep, that's why I was amazed to see that all cars have pedal animations when braking where the driver blips on downshifts. You clearly see the foot moving. Strange that Kunos went through all that trouble to animate this.
It could be a bug that just so happens to have a positive outcome. :D

I remember when I was driving the Merc in AC I used to blip the throttle sometimes it helped in some circumstances to keep the car stable.

Question: does the right foot just blip or is the right foot heel'n'toeing and the left foot is on the clutch?

Cause if it's just the right foot blipping that the animation is just linked to the throttle input, as it makes sense, but the blips are still "throttle input" and not "de-linked from the actual throttle input".
You can see the blips as throttle pushes in Motec.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%