hi Peter, how did you go about getting it to work on RBR? I have a Gi Max with SimDash but I can't get it to work on RBR, do you have any ideas?
Congratulations on your new job

25 - cockpit setups

all dashboards connected via magnets - within a few seconds i can change the cockpit

IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1152.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG
IMG_1157.JPG
IMG_1165.JPG

back to index

Last edited:
22 - Tactile - part 02

let me talk about the next step - professional seat unit isolation
target - full seat unit isolation but no issue during braking with my SIMTAG pedals
i use the strongest rubbers hence i cannot accept flex within the seat unit

IMG_1139.JPG

first i had to dismantle the old seat unit

IMG_1169.JPG

then it was time for a quick test of the new material

IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG

so far so good - i think the tactile units plus 6mm steel weights about 15kg :) - this powerhouse can move the rig wihtout motion :)

IMG_1174.JPG

afterwards i mounted the new seat unit - quite impressive fit

IMG_1175.JPG
IMG_1176.JPG

finally the seat

IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1183.JPG

and last but not least the tricky part - cable management - together with 5 SFX motor cables its getting more difficult to have a clean solution - but i guess i did a great job

IMG_1180.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG

CONCLUSION: just amazing - nearly no flex under braking and 95% isolation
Tactile feels so much better - currently i am running

Pedal Unit - SLIP
Seat Unit - RPM, GEAR, SPEED, RUMBLE

such a great add-on to my motion rig - its feels just perfect
and again many thanks to @Mr Latte

back to index

Last edited:
Why do you have two different transducers under the pedals? Are they each for different effects?

Very impressive build!

Last edited:
Would like to see a parts list for the "Race Bass" isolators. Interested in the rubbers and spring used. Also, what was the cost of producing the custom laser cut plates?

Why do you have two different transducers under the pedals? Are they each for different effects?

Very impressive build!
used for different frequencies - have a look to the enclosed threat
i know 200 pages - but Mr Latte is explaining the benefit of splitting
frequencies to different HW - each transducer can do a certain bandwidth

Would like to see a parts list for the "Race Bass" isolators. Interested in the rubbers and spring used. Also, what was the cost of producing the custom laser cut plates?

1) i think i let @Mr Latte comment on his great "race bass" springs
i am beta tester and cannot share details of his concept
beside my first impression - exactly what i was looking for
as far i understood still W.I.P and further infos available soon

2) this is 100% DIY - i am lucky and my friend has a laser
i repaired his mountainbike he did the cut for me
on such items you need to find a local steel or alu company
i cannot tell you prices - such companies charge based on dxf/dwg files
the brackets are bended after laser cut
i plan to publish the dxf file like i did for BK mount
unfort my first design will not not work for you - i had to drill new holes to fit BK LFE
hence i need to redraw before publishing

The isolation setup looks fantastic. My test setup is comprised of many different parts and when a "heavier" effect is used they start to resonate.
Your setup looks to have the answers, contacting @Mr Latte to get a request for the price to these isolators. Seeing all the research he put into this, might as well compensate for it as well.

How thick is the steel you used for the brackets and plate?

Last edited:
@Peter Winkler Thank you for sharing all of your experience and solutions that enhances your sim racing experience!
One question regarding the lighting: Do you use the hue bridge and hue sync to simulate cockpit lighting (as SimGP and Boosted Media did) or is it a static, preset colour you use via hue app?

22 - Tactile - part 04 - Exciters

let me share the finalpart of my tactile build posts - few days ago i received 4 exciters, 1 amp and 1 DSP

i like to link again to my partlist chapter to see mentioned compontents

Together with the Dayton DAEX32EP-4 i am able to create amazing simhub profiles and those Dayton deliver a great final topping to my current (LFE/TST) setup. Honestly i did not expect the great performance of those small exciters - glued to my OMP seat the tell my body amazing storries - either the last portion of an already great redline RPM profile or the final element of curb vibrations.

Let me share some pictures

cable management - that was the tricky part - too many cable - but i succeeded to hide them quite well

IMG_1230.JPG

mounting position seat

IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1217.JPG

Tactile 4.0 powerhouse - Exciter DSP hided

IMG_1213.JPG

back to index

Last edited:
27 - Cablemanagement

to get rid of the cables - i hate this work - but i love to see the results
omg - so nice times when i had no SFX and no TACTILE - and i had 360 dgress aceess to my rig

let me share some links and some pictures to help approaching this crazy topic

1) keep the black wirelee delivered with each and every usb or power cable - they can save your cable management live

2) 3d print items

3) cable management tools

4) cable ties

5) small usb hubs attached to your rig

6) plastic covers for your alu

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG
IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG
IMG_1237.JPG

back to index

Last edited:
@Peter Winkler Thanks a lot for sharing all this. :thumbsup: I'm just one of the many silent readers here but it's really inspiring to read through your posts.

@Mr Latte I would also love to know more about the Race Bass isolators. In my case I would use them instead of the Eluflex to isolate the complete rig from the ground. With this setup flex is no issue but I wonder if they're able to hold around 40-50 kg each?

IMG_2547.jpeg

Last edited:
@Peter Winkler Thanks a lot for sharing all this. :thumbsup: I'm just one of the many silent readers here but it's really inspiring to read through your posts.

@Mr Latte I would also love to know more about the Race Bass isolators. In my case I would use them instead of the Eluflex to isolate the complete rig from the ground. With this setup flex is no issue but I wonder if they're able to hold around 40-50 kg each?

View attachment 478226
thanks - like the eluflex idea :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%