Rift setup help

OK, just got a Rift. Whooohhhweeeee is that crazy fun!

Can someone provide some examples of how to reduce the screen door effect or optimal graphics settings?

Right now I have a 1080GTX and am running at high settings getting 90FPS. I did play around with the oculus.ini file and did a 1.5 setting but didn't see any difference.

OK, just got a Rift. Whooohhhweeeee is that crazy fun!

Can someone provide some examples of how to reduce the screen door effect or optimal graphics settings?

Right now I have a 1080GTX and am running at high settings getting 90FPS. I did play around with the oculus.ini file and did a 1.5 setting but didn't see any difference.

You changed the wrong .ini, if you can´t see the difference of 1.0ppd and 1.5ppd.
The ini is not the one in AC gamefolder, but in you documents, here:

C:\..\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\oculus.ini

Don´t forget to save the change.

Also, you wanna try max AF/AA settings, and as suggested, maybe PP off, even on a 1080.

You should be able to run 1.8-2.0 ppd no problem. Other than that, you can´t do much about screendoor effect, it takes days/weeks to get used to the Rift, coming from a razorsharp monitor res.
In a few months with the Rift, it´ll feel limited and sterile to play on a monitor. Even triples, as I did for years.

Thanks guys. Much better. Using DSR I'm upping the resolution and then using a 1.5 value in the oculus.ini file as suggested. I can run 2x AA and pretty much everything else on high. Seems like a good compromise at the moment.

Yeah, realized that DSR won't work after I posted. I turned off PP and am running 1.5 at the moment which gives me 90. I can either turn on PP in single player or run 1.8 but that's about it even with a 1080.

One thing i can't get to work is the replay. I hit the replay button and I don't see any controls. Is the replay functional in oculus?

Yeah, realized that DSR won't work after I posted. I turned off PP and am running 1.5 at the moment which gives me 90. I can either turn on PP in single player or run 1.8 but that's about it even with a 1080.

One thing i can't get to work is the replay. I hit the replay button and I don't see any controls. Is the replay functional in oculus?
Yes the replay works fine the buttons are hidden along the bottom of the screen might be better to use keyboard buttons tho.

So, i'd like to revisit this regarding the replay.

I've found with the oculus, I can view replay if I use the keyboard but i never actually see the buttons with the oculus on. Can anyone provide suggestions as to why I can't see the replay controls?

Also a little tip which might help you if you haven't already done it is this, under options - view, enable the checkbox "Lock onboard camera to horizon" it will give you a more natural view in the sim and correspond correctly with the movement of your head.

So, i'd like to revisit this regarding the replay.

I've found with the oculus, I can view replay if I use the keyboard but i never actually see the buttons with the oculus on. Can anyone provide suggestions as to why I can't see the replay controls?
They're on the hud inside the cockpit. You can use F1 to jump back to your car to see them if needed - it's not ideal.

I find using the Oculus Tray Tool a lot easier than messing around with .ini files in games and also easier than using the Oculus SDK program, it can be set to open upon windows startup and can be customised to apply certain settings once Oculus Home starts when you are using the HMD in games.

Super Sampling in much easier to set as well as a few other settings, not sure how many people know about it but you can find details of it here.

does changing the setting in oculus sdk to 2.0 help you all?
thats what ive been doing and run everything on ultra and high with PP and smoke on and i get 45 fps which seems to be fine for me.
I find that running with Super Sampling at 1.5 is a lot better than 0.0, there is definitely a visible improvement for me however it does carry a performance hit, running at 2.0 will give even more of a visual improvement but a further performance hit once again.

If you are running at 45 fps then you are in ASW mode (Asynchronous Spacewarp) which is designed to accommodate for lower end systems that can't manage to run at a consistent 90 fps without ruining the VR experience, details of this can be found here.

I find that turning settings down and running at 90 fps is a much better experience and the game still looks stunning, I'm running a AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5Ghz and a MSI Gaming OC 4G R9 290 and I get a pretty consisten 90 fps even in multiplayer with 20+ cars on the track, if you'd like me to share my settings let me know and I'll rustle something up.

Here are my settings, I find at the moment these give me a good level of detail in VR and also performance, but keep in mind that your GPU is far more powerful than the one I am running (I'm only running a AMD R9 290) so you should be able to bump these up quite a bit and still get 90 fps, what seems to impact the performance the most is the Post Processing which I just turn off.

display.jpg
effect.jpg
view.jpg
reflections.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back