Rift´s right eye view goes crazy when pp filters are on?

Hi all,

I am really hoping to get a solution for this since it has been an issue since a got my oculus.
So would anyone know what could be the problem that makes my oculus rift´s right eye lens go distorted (like spilt screen) ALWAYS when I try to enable PP filters? Left eye is fine. No matter which filter or its settings. So far I have just turned off pp filters and being ok with it, but now I would like to get pp filter enabled because of the awesome Sol 1.0 mod :)

Please help me to get this sorted :geek:

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am really hoping to get a solution for this since it has been an issue since a got my oculus.
So would anyone know what could be the problem that makes my oculus rift´s right eye lens go distorted (like spilt screen) ALWAYS when I try to enable PP filters? Left eye is fine. No matter which filter or its settings. So far I have just turned pp filters being ok with it, but now I would like to get pp filter enabled because of the awesome Sol 1.0 mod :)

Please help me to get this sorted :geek:
I'm working on a workaround to use Sol without PP.

Disabling windscreen fx did not help, as I thought, since I have had this problem since my very beginning with AC and VR, so before installing custom shader patch, sol or anything.. Anyways, great thanks to Peter who point us (who had problems or framerate issues using pp filters) to test the new Sol 1.1 beta 3 version which made it possible to run Sol without pp filters and it seems its working just great! So maybe I don´t care about my problem for now again. I´ll just keep racing without pp filters. Would love to get those brake lights still shining in VR though :)

In CM settings/content manager /drive have you ticket the override default PPfilter in Oculus Rift Mode..not sure if this will help ..just a thought

Yes, that was checked also, but thanks for the thought..

I don´t know anything about these, but I am wondering could it have something to do with my screen setup perhaps... I have a 2560x1440 resolution screen (actually three of them 3*Asus PB278Q 27” PLS LED TFT, not using NVIDIA surraund), and in AC video settings I have it set to 1920x1080. If I change it to 2560x1440 the rifts right eye view´s "split screen effect" has the horizontal screen split in different place/height - but still as messed up.

Screenshot of my avarage video settings, altough I play with them quite a lot depending my driving scenario.. using 1080Ti.
videosettings.jpg

Yes, that was checked also, but thanks for the thought..

I don´t know anything about these, but I am wondering could it have something to do with my screen setup perhaps... I have a 2560x1440 resolution screen (actually three of them 3*Asus PB278Q 27” PLS LED TFT, not using NVIDIA surraund), and in AC video settings I have it set to 1920x1080. If I change it to 2560x1440 the rifts right eye view´s "split screen effect" has the horizontal screen split in different place/height - but still as messed up.

Screenshot of my avarage video settings, altough I play with them quite a lot depending my driving scenario.. using 1080Ti.View attachment 287665
HI just checked the same screen on my PC and it is the same ..although i only have a single screen...but there is one thing that is not the same as yours...on post processing i have that ticked and it shows SOL selected..maybe you should select that and see if that works...i do not have the problem you have......Just notice my mirrors show 64x256 and my frame rate is 130...also under settings /drive/extended weather have you unticked..replace clouds and use custom weather filter pp filter.. you should have only one box ticked.... use custom weathers particles ..i have run out of thoughts for your problem:confused:

Last edited:
YYYEEESSSSS!! I managet to solve my Oculus right eye´s double screen issue! I happened to find this post where the same issue occurred with VIVE and Assetto Corsa:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/135514507322957572/

And there someone answered "I have seen this before with people with Sweet fx installed on their pc.... do you have Sweet fx... if so uninstall it." I did not even know what Sweet fx was and if I had it or not. Then I found this video from youtube that tells how to uninstall it from your game and I that I did:

And voilá! Now it works and I can use pp filters in VR after a full year of trying to find a solution :):laugh:

And you both managed to delete ALL the sweet FX assosiated files from the game directory? That fixed it for me. If I remember correctly there were a few files that was kind of hard to spot that they were sweetFX assosiated..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%