Ridiculously laggy menus, 980Ti/6600k

I've had ACC since day one but haven't really played it, and couldn't remember why.
I started it up again today and was reminded that the splash screens, opening video and initial menus literally ran at around 1fps. And still do. It's unusable.
I play in VR but restarted the game via Steam NOT in VR mode, but it was exactly the same. A PC restart didn't solve it. I've searched and this doesn't seem to be a common problem, so... any ideas folks?
These are literally the laggiest menus I've ever encountered.
Assetto Corsa, pCARS, RaceRoom… all run fine. As do every other game I own.
Weird.
Haven't even made it past the first few menu screens. It's unbearable.

OK, seems to be an issue with UE4.
Struggling through the menus and turning 'bloom' off and capping the framerate to 60fps seems to have helped.
The menus are rendered with the game engine I guess?

OK, seems to be an issue with UE4.
Struggling through the menus and turning 'bloom' off and capping the framerate to 60fps seems to have helped.
The menus are rendered with the game engine I guess?
They are. Otherwise graphics settings wouldn't have any impact but you can see stuff like shadows influencing the gpu load or the fps numbers in the menus too.
For me, disabling bloom and turning off the volumetric fog helped a lot. Reducing resolution scale helped too although I have dynamic upsampling active.
Capping fps doesn't raise the fps of course but it helps not frying the gpu more than in the actual game.

How did you find out about bloom if I may ask? I made a post on the official forums and also on steam. Would be interested if you found another source or did read my post :) (Krassmus)

They are. Otherwise graphics settings wouldn't have any impact but you can see stuff like shadows influencing the gpu load or the fps numbers in the menus too.
For me, disabling bloom and turning off the volumetric fog helped a lot. Reducing resolution scale helped too although I have dynamic upsampling active.
Capping fps doesn't raise the fps of course but it helps not frying the gpu more than in the actual game.

How did you find out about bloom if I may ask? I made a post on the official forums and also on steam. Would be interested if you found another source or did read my post :) (Krassmus)
Saw it mentioned in a Steam thread I think.

Ignoring the horrible lag (now solved), this is one FUGLY game in VR. It looks abysmal. I really wish I hadn't bothered. The cockpits are great but the environments are a jagged blurry mess. Is this as good as it gets with UE4? AC with the shader patch stomps all over it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 489 39.2%