ridiculous adverts

I'm happy to disable adblock to support this site, the auto playing video add that sometimes aren't even muted are pretty annoying, but this is ridiculous, I expect this from a torrent site but surely you can get your ads from a less malicious source
Screenshot_2015-01-30-22-14-57.png

No idea what you're on about.
The extremely annoying crap I described happens also when I'm logged in these forums, with cookies allowed! :thumbsdown: Other than leaving this place, I found no other possible fix.
Ignore this Troll pls.
The only way to go is to get premium membership. 10 bucks a year, wich should NOT be the cure, but apparently is...

Not sure I understand.... :O_o: is that directed to me? (the trolling bit, that is)

With that confirmation coming from a premium member, then I absolutely agree with you that premium membership (which is paid) should NOT be the cure.
While I can understand that financial support is needed to sustain a website like this, such a problem should never exist, much less be a "feature" to also justify the optional PAYING premium membership, IMHO.

It is then a huge let down for a website that is benefiting with increasing numbers of members migrating from other (unfortunately now closed) forums which never presented such issues for free membership.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand.... :O_o: is that directed to me? (the trolling bit, that is)

With that confirmation coming from a premium member, then I absolutely agree with you that premium membership (which is paid) should NOT be the cure.
While I can understand that financial support is needed to sustain a website like this, such a problem should never exist, much less be a "feature" to also justify the optional PAYING premium membership, IMHO.

It is then a huge let down for a website that is benefiting with increasing numbers of members migrating from other (unfortunately now closed) forums which never presented such issues for free membership.
No, please, rest still!
My answer was referring to Flavio93Zena !
We, me thinks, are on the same wavelength...

You are assuming we see an increase in visitors coming from the vanishing of NoGrip? Have you seen the amount of times people download GTR2 mods from RD as of lately? 30 downloads at most which is probably the entire increase you are speaking of.

Most simracers, you and me included, are members of various simracing sites visiting them multiple times a week / month. When one goes down that doesn't mean a massive spike for the others. Most people already had an account here at RD and were regular visitors.

The "crap" you are describing is us having to obey the EU law like any other website with EU visitors. That it didn't happen to Nogrip means they weren't compliant with the new GDPR law. We are and if you browse RD with a clean browser without any addon's that can interrupt the process what you describe shouldn't happen. We have been compliant with the law since it became active in May and thouroughly tested the site.

Please try with a default browser and i am sure you can browse the site properly like myself and others even without being premium.

PS: you are also complaining in the wrong thread as this has zero to do with advertisements but everything with the new privacy rules that have been forced upon the internet.

If a default browser doesn't work for you (which i doubt) please make a short video of the problems you are having and ill give you a free premium membership for finding an important bug.

Please try with a default browser and i am sure you can browse the site properly like myself and others even without being premium.

PS: you are also complaining in the wrong thread as this has zero to do with advertisements but everything with the new privacy rules that have been forced upon the internet.

If a default browser doesn't work for you (which i doubt) please make a short video of the problems you are having and ill give you a free premium membership for finding an important bug.

Please try with Mozilla Firefox and SRWare Iron (chromium based), under Windows 7 SP1.
Both are valid, secure and up-to-date internet browsers.
Both present same issue with your website - now rectified in my end with the mentioned javascript blocking.
Same issue was replicated in other PC system using Google Chrome under Win10 a couple weeks ago (at friend's).

If by "default browser" you mean the one integrated in OS, which is Internet Explorer (Win7 user here) then thanks but no thanks. I'll pass it.

I appreciate your kind offer, but I won't waste the little free time I have capturing videos just to make a point.

PS: Sorry for "complaining in the wrong thread".

Last edited:
Tried showing a mate at work some stuff here at RD on my phone this week.
In the course of three videos, I had eight pop-up adverts with a spinning roulette-style wheel and that annoying 'Congratulations' audio. I could do nothing else and had to re-enter the URL each time.
I finally had to navigate away from the site and go to You-tube to show the video.

Tried showing a mate at work some stuff here at RD on my phone this week.
In the course of three videos, I had eight pop-up adverts with a spinning roulette-style wheel and that annoying 'Congratulations' audio. I could do nothing else and had to re-enter the URL each time.
I finally had to navigate away from the site and go to You-tube to show the video.
what OS?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing