ridiculous adverts

I'm happy to disable adblock to support this site, the auto playing video add that sometimes aren't even muted are pretty annoying, but this is ridiculous, I expect this from a torrent site but surely you can get your ads from a less malicious source
Screenshot_2015-01-30-22-14-57.png

I have a slightly different comment about ads - the ones that contain video on this site appear to severely slow down my browser (Firefox). If I leave this forum open in a tab, soon enough everything else starts to chug. YouTube videos, iPlayer, etc. It doesn't happen every time, but I'm sure it is always this site causing the slow-down (i.e. when it does happen, I close this tab and everything is smooth again).

@Chris Kennedy just checking in to see if this message has returned? Seems that even google as has issues with advertisers as you aren't the only one reporting this. Google product forums have a sticky about re-directs. Pretty shameful if you ask me.

Flash should probably be uninstalled anyway for security reasons. Is there any legitimate website left using Flash?

If you want to see the ads uninstalling Flash won't affect it. You'll just get a none-Flash ad instead.

How about now @Willy Wale ? We have switched providers and ads should be a lot more targeted to our motorsport, simracing and car niche.

Well, I thought I was the only one getting a bit bored of sim racing, but I guess that's not the case, if this ad is specifically targeted at motorsport, simracing and car niche.

ad1.jpg

And, well, this says a lot about the marketing companies' assessment of the fans of motorsport, simracing and car niche if they feel this is appropriate for fans / users of the genre.
ad2.jpg

You should join premium. I heard they don't see the ads at all!
That is true. For some I suppose. I don't see or get any adverts at all on Racedepartment.
ps, any luck with the Asian dating site mate? I might give it a go myself. ;):D:whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing