RIDE RIDE

This title is out next weekend on all the usual formats, i'm intrigued as it looks to be similar to some of the old moto gp titles with the fictional tracks. Though i think this may have some official tracks also.

Anyone interested or tempted? i'd like to get on PC but generally whenever i get a niche title like this on PC i regret it due to lack of online players.

Looks interesting to me. I've got nothing against Milestone. My enjoyment of watching MotoGP races on TV is the reason I bought MotoGP 14 and I've had some really good times racing the AI in it. I found the close racing while in cockpit view to be pretty intense. I picked up MXGP not too long ago in a Steam sale and had gobs of fun with that, too. (Using cockpit view with an Xbox 360 pad on the pc.) Plus, the replays just looked fantastic.

So yeah, I might give this a try, too. We'll see.

I have SBK Generations, and what that game does well is the realistic experience (if toggled). You crash in qualy, you miss 40 mins to fix the bike or you're too injured to continue. I like the interaction with the engineer and the format of the weekends. I play it with a gamepad since it seems really odd to play a bike game with wheel. Bikes are the oddest thing to model digitally it seems, its such a physical, sensory activity. Even if they made handlebars, it would be odd sitting in a desk chair with handlebars in your hands.

That being said, I might set up my wheel for this later. It was okay to play. The tracks are more NFS than SBK, so they'll be harder to learn and things will seem more difficult, so some people will say it feels wrong. I am looking forward to the fanboy bike experience, revering famous brands and bikes. I like the WRC series and the SBK series, I don't think Milestone deserves so bad a rep. The game has stutters for me, but I tried it full detail at 1440p, so I assumed I was overreaching. It was FAR from unplayable, though.

I was playing on semi pro realism with low TCS, low anti wheelie + no auto brakes but still joint brakes and found the racing pretty good. I didn't experience any lag but the game did take a while to get used to. Probably cause motorcycles.

Its playable but the steering just feels really slow. The rider is very slow to transition from turning one direction to the other and often it takes forever it seems for the rider to lean into a full turn. I'm not sure if they're trying to simulate inertia from the bike but it doesn't feel that way, just feels very slow.

Ride should be a good game. I learned with the other latest Motogp games from milestone , that on a 60hz monitor you need to sort the Vertical Sync out . For me I use the adaptive mode in the driver and also turn it on to full v sync in the game settings. This has eliminated most if not all the lag and graphic problems. Most of the other graphic card settings are not really affecting it too much.
I have pumped the demo resolution right up way over 1080p and still get good frame rates even with 8x antialiasing .
My rig is no slouch though. (Gtx titan etc.) just shows though ,the game is optimised.
Now ..... if only they would put a TL1000s in one of the DLC's :D.......:whistling:

Tried the Ride demo on my UK account and I really like it. Game looks great, had a great time racing the ai, really excited to have a bike fix other than MotoGp 14. Took a couple pics when I was on the naked Triumph, hard on both brakes, then just on the front:

RIDE%20Demo_20150322132720.jpg

RIDE%20Demo_20150322132804.jpg

RIDE%20Demo_20150322132847.jpg

The Xbox versions have been delayed until April (10th I believe).

I always like the idea of racing the bike games but whenever I try them I struggle. I assume everyone uses a pad as a controller for them? I struggle with the pad (all fingers and thumbs and forget what button is for what lol) as am used to a wheel and pedals for my motor racing titles.

Well. I have been playing Ride for a full day now. Yeah , Its a bit different to Tourist Trophy.
Still I would give it an 8/10 . But then I am just a bike nutter:D

More Bikes Please Milestone , and more tracks ie:
Hayabusa Gsxr 1300 , Zx 1200r , Tl1ooos , 2001 Gsxr 1000 , Slab side Suzuki 750 / 1100 1986 >
Laguna Seca , Phillip Island etc

played some today....love the graphics... need more tracks though.....wish that i could fine tune and adjust the controls ....with the demo i couldn't use a wheel at all......with the full game i was happy to find the wheel (G27)worked.......one thing, any of you know if there a helmet view? if so how do i change to it?

Its a lot better than the demo but in my opinion the bikes feel a bit stiff to me. I wish they were a little bit quicker to respond. They just feel a little slow to lean and transition from one side to the other.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%