RIDE RIDE

This title is out next weekend on all the usual formats, i'm intrigued as it looks to be similar to some of the old moto gp titles with the fictional tracks. Though i think this may have some official tracks also.

Anyone interested or tempted? i'd like to get on PC but generally whenever i get a niche title like this on PC i regret it due to lack of online players.

Well. I have been playing Ride for a full day now. Yeah , Its a bit different to Tourist Trophy.
Still I would give it an 8/10 . But then I am just a bike nutter:D

More Bikes Please Milestone , and more tracks ie:
Hayabusa Gsxr 1300 , Zx 1200r , Tl1ooos , 2001 Gsxr 1000 , Slab side Suzuki 750 / 1100 1986 >
Laguna Seca , Phillip Island etc

I do like the Forza-style upgrade menu though which is miles ahead of any Gran Turismo game. My only gripe so far is that the bikes feel a little slow to respond, leaning seems a little slow and transitions from one side to another feels a little slow as well. Otherwise, its the best street style bike game since Tourist Trophy. Its certainly a very decent game, especially for $39.99.

Last edited:
I agree now after i have been playing it for a day! (15 hours)

I just started to take a look at the modding, and it is just as i predicted. Its basicly the same as MotoGP when it comes to modding, only problem is that once any MIX file has been changed, you cant save your progress or play online (like before) so maybe its fun modding when you have completed the game :p i will atleast mod my bikes just for fun :)

could not resist :p

Ride_X64_2015_03_29_04_20_44_77.png

Ride_X64_2015_03_29_04_21_14_91.png

Ride_X64_2015_03_29_04_02_22_90.png
Ride_X64_2015_03_29_04_22_13_70.png

I dont know, but i think that you are gonna have to rewrite the menu or at least replace the track with the ones in the game, and if so, then the AI has to be remapped for those tracks? i dont know, never done so but anyone who knows more about that might share some light?

played some today....love the graphics... need more tracks though.....wish that i could fine tune and adjust the controls ....with the demo i couldn't use a wheel at all......with the full game i was happy to find the wheel (G27)worked.......one thing, any of you know if there a helmet view? if so how do i change to it?
I am terrible with a controller but never find I can play these bike games on a wheel. The turning is just too slow which is a real shame as I really fancy playing something like this.

I have now a big problem with RIDE . I made a skin for Suzuki , then i saved it to folder with msbk.mix and then made a mix file using by mixfile remixer. I played a game and after some loading screen it ALWAYS crashed.
Now im reinstalling the game and not making any skins until somebody help me or Milestone release a patch... im very angry of this game...

Having followed the individual bike trailers released on their youtube channel, I thought Ride was just going to be a gimmick / cash grab. Having played it for a couple hours though, I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm really liking all the bike customization. And racing around in the twisties is just awesome. I'm happy to finally see anti-aliasing and ghost in time trial.

As for negatives, no weather or bike damage.

Otherwise, solid first IP release. 7/10.

I have now a big problem with RIDE . I made a skin for Suzuki , then i saved it to folder with msbk.mix and then made a mix file using by mixfile remixer. I played a game and after some loading screen it ALWAYS crashed.
Now im reinstalling the game and not making any skins until somebody help me or Milestone release a patch... im very angry of this game...

I read on the Steam forums that Milestone stated they won't be supporting mods to the this game.

Well this game sucks after being modded because of the restriction it makes.

Once modded MIX files, you cant do the following things

1. play online
2. continue your career reputation and have to start all over with the tracks progression
(but you still gain access to your bikes and money)
3. cant save your game progression

Also, your save files wich is located at:
"C:\Users\*USER*\AppData\Roaming\Milestone\Ride\Saves"

Should always be backed up before changing your MIX files. Also do a backup on the original MIX files.

The game otherwise is very good in singeplayer, but lacks options in multiplayer, weather changes and also the modification on some vehicles is quite restrictive. for example the R1M you cant do much about, the pro circut bikes is also more or less locked except oil change. the RS250 twostroke you cant tune it properly since everybody knows that a twostrokes biggest power gains come from the right tuned exhaust pipe. such a shame...

2015_03_29_00004.jpg

2015_03_29_00006.jpg

2015_03_29_00020.jpg

2015_03_29_00027.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back