Ride height

Let's say that with the lowest possible ride height the car is not bottoming out. Could someone then please tell me what the minimum difference between front and rear ride height should be for maximum downforce/stability?

This question conserns only the Formula BMW FB02.

• Panos Vlassopoulos

All the guides that i have read they are saying +1cm difference in the back is ok in order to achieve the effect for downforce and not losing stability kai speed.

All the guides that i have read they are saying +1cm difference in the back is ok in order to achieve the effect for downforce and not losing stability kai speed.

Probably applies to most cars but i'm driving the FB02 and when i decreased the difference from 1 cm to 0,5 cm i'm pretty sure i felt an improvement, but i could be mistaken.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the FB02 care to comment?

more diffrence from front to rear means car turns better in but the rear tents to be realy loose
lesser diffrence from front to rear means car may oversteers but the rear will be more stable

shoot me if i am wrong

You mean understeer not oversteer right? Because a car that is loose in the rear i guess would tend to oversteer and a car that oversteers i wouldn't call stable in the rear. If you know what i mean.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%