RIDE 4 RIDE 4 | Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone have released their latest bike racing title in the form of RIDE 4 - the biggest release of the RIDE series to date.
  • RIDE 4 available on console and PC.
  • Real world bikes and circuits.
  • Now includes endurance racing.
Two wheel fans have further reasons to be cheerful thanks to yet another bike racing release from prolific Italian development team Milestone. The fourth instalment in the increasingly impressive RIDE franchise, the new title offers more bikes and tracks and features than ever before, plus the inclusion of the often requested opportunity to race longer endurance events within the sim.

Ride 4 4.jpg

ABOUT THE GAME:

Are you ready to live the best gaming experience that a motorcycle fan can get?
RIDE 4 will spark your competitive soul with hundreds of bikes, dozens of tracks and a whole new level of realism.

New and Enhanced Contents

Choose among hundreds of officially licensed bikes and ride on dozens of tracks all around the world, carefully designed with an extraordinary level of detail! Every asset has been created starting from CAD data, laser and 3D scanning to achieve precision down to the smallest detail and let you enjoy the best two-wheel racing experience ever.

Choose Your Path.

Jump into an amazing and dynamic adventure that interacts with your decisions and choose your own path from the regional events up to the professional leagues. Show your riding skills through challenging races, ability tests, track days and a huge set of events. You could even become an official tester for the most celebrated manufacturers!

Ride 4 5.jpg

Day / Night Cycle, Dynamic Weather and Endurance Races

RIDE 4 features a fully dynamic weather conditions system and a complete day/night cycle. Experience the race in a new light and prove you are the best rider in any condition. And for the first time, the "Endurance" mode will put your tenacity to the test, with animated pit-stops and long lasting races: prepare to face a world where strategy is the ultimate ingredient of your success!

Neural AI

Let us introduce you to A.N.N.A. (Artificial Neural Network Agent), our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning. Race against faster, smarter, more accurate riders and compete with an AI more human than ever!

Expanded Customization

Race with your own style! Choose among plenty of official brands for your rider’s outfit and customize your bikes aesthetically and mechanically. Unleash your creativity and design your helmet, suit and bike livery in total freedom thanks to our new graphics editor. Once you’re done, share your creations online or just discover the best designs of the community

Online Competitions

Enjoy the most complete and lag-free online multiplayer experience ever thanks to our dedicated servers.

RIDE 4 is available now on both console and PC.

For more discussion around the new game, head over to the RIDE series sub forum and get involved with the conversation today!

Ride 4 1.jpg

Last edited:
I personally prefer this. It has the tracks i like in sim racing like Nurburgring and Road America. I also find the tracks less of a challenge that motorGP has. Hey thats just me. Weather and time as nicer in this. But if its price then you could just go with Motogp. The learning curve on both is the same if you ask me. But how many time do i have to start on ride4 without being buried to the floor? They need to sort that out. Maybe i am just crap but moving to the right to stop a face smash is not ideal. And even then that is not always successful. I actually find Ride 4 more rewarding and i am not sure why. I like the controls, but rewarding when you pull it off.
Tbh I feel like the AI is okay in wider tracks than narrow tracks.
Like Oulton and Cadwell Park have been a nightmare.
While I had great races at the Nurburgring, especially the one in the European League for the mini championship. That race saw the leaders fall 3 times, once while I was second, the rider in 1st crashed at the last corner, then at the penultimate lap I was 3rd, the 2nd was way too optimistic at the corner after the Schumacher S, went on the curb and took out himself and the rider in 1st. I loved that, they make mistakes just like us.

It's a love and hate relationship, usually if you survive the first couple of corners AI is really good

Tbh I feel like the AI is okay in wider tracks than narrow tracks.
Like Oulton and Cadwell Park have been a nightmare.
While I had great races at the Nurburgring, especially the one in the European League for the mini championship. That race saw the leaders fall 3 times, once while I was second, the rider in 1st crashed at the last corner, then at the penultimate lap I was 3rd, the 2nd was way too optimistic at the corner after the Schumacher S, went on the curb and took out himself and the rider in 1st. I loved that, they make mistakes just like us.

It's a love and hate relationship, usually if you survive the first couple of corners AI is really good
I think your right. I have given it more time and with every moment i am improving. You either get a bad start that you have to dodge the blind bat behind you or you wrestle it in the first few corners. After that it becomes an enjoyable experience. Like you, i have noticed it is more an issue on certain tracks.

Milestone greatly improved Ride 3 AI with one of the first patches (it continued to be bad, but at least was much less worst that at R3 release). Maybe they do the same with R4. If they fix this AI, there won't be that much else to fix, because the game fells very fine overall (even if I prefer that it would have more low displacement races... but it's personal taste, not really a problem with the game).

Darn it. I just can't decide. Both are on sale. Dirt 3 is $13.50, MGP 2020 is $18, and 2019 is $11. Ride 4 not on sale, so probably shouldn't start with a new full price game before I know if I like it ;). Sorry if I kind of hijacked the thread.

Last edited:
I sincerely believe that this game has good things like the new physics of each motorcycle model or the sounds, but the tests to get medals and money are bad they are not tests of walking or having a good time, it is an ordeal to run to the event in a lap with poor visibility and without being able to escape a meter from the track. They have to make a reflection and change this ordeal that in Ride 3 was a little better than now.

Last edited:
They've already expanded the track limits, you can run off a as you please. I don't see what more can be done. As for visibility, do you mean when it's raining? That's the only time with reduced visibility I can think of, and to be fair that's what happens in the rain.
Some of the challenges could be tweaked, Milestone has already said that's in the next patch. Mostly I want the AI to speed up at Magny and Sugo, they are way too easy to beat.
There's a common thread with every complaint I've read, there's no way to go around a race you can't win. I looked at a sample to see their playtime. Every one of them was less than 2 hours.

I suppose the bottom line is if you want insta-win don't get Ride 4.
I love how challenging it is. Each time I prep to conquer. The right bike, the right upgrades. Then I set my bike up and pray!
I have used 5 different bikes in a 5 race challenge. Spamming the highest rated bike fully upgraded is not often the best decision. You provoke the game to answer with the same.

I didn't get Ride 3 so can only base this on Ride 2, but is the PP system better in this ghame than in Ride 2? because in Ride 2 it was a bit pooor the way RSVmille 1000 and Honda SPs 1000s could race 600 Supersports! Is the game properly balanced around engine capacity as well as PP?

Yes, in most cases the bikes are split into categories. Such as older 750cc etc. I haven't found any problems with the individual ratings yet.
I suppose the worst bit would be the 800-999 class. I think it's way too wide a span. It makes some bikes unviable in online racing. It won't affect career races though. Worse still is if you have a favourite bike and if it's fully upgraded it's just over 800!
One of my favourites is the Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD, fully upgraded it goes over 800. So it's up against the top bikes. To go under 800 you either have to sacrifice an engine upgrade or a few 'smaller' upgrades, like brakes AND wheels.
I have no solution though, dropping it's rating would make it OP against other 750s. Acceptable anomaly I guess.

Last edited:
Ok it is good that they have corrected something, what I say is poor visibility is that the sky is not clear you run when it gets dark or at night and sometimes there is fog and for me the challenges are uncomfortable because they are only one lap, nothing more. I also have a not very powerful computer and it is more difficult for me to beat the AI. I realized that the higher the speed of the computer, the better results you can get, so it's not just about knowing how to walk.
They've already expanded the track limits, you can run off a as you please. I don't see what more can be done. As for visibility, do you mean when it's raining? That's the only time with reduced visibility I can think of, and to be fair that's what happens in the rain.
Some of the challenges could be tweaked, Milestone has already said that's in the next patch. Mostly I want the AI to speed up at Magny and Sugo, they are way too easy to beat.
There's a common thread with every complaint I've read, there's no way to go around a race you can't win. I looked at a sample to see their playtime. Every one of them was less than 2 hours.

I suppose the bottom line is if you want insta-win don't get Ride 4.
I love how challenging it is. Each time I prep to conquer. The right bike, the right upgrades. Then I set my bike up and pray!
I have used 5 different bikes in a 5 race challenge. Spamming the highest rated bike fully upgraded is not often the best decision. You provoke the game to answer with the same.

Yes, in most cases the bikes are split into categories. Such as older 750cc etc. I haven't found any problems with the individual ratings yet.
I suppose the worst bit would be the 800-999 class. I think it's way too wide a span. It makes some bikes unviable in online racing. It won't affect career races though. Worse still is if you have a favourite bike and if it's fully upgraded it's just over 800!
One of my favourites is the Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD, fully upgraded it goes over 800. So it's up against the top bikes. To go under 800 you either have to sacrifice an engine upgrade or a few 'smaller' upgrades, like brakes AND wheels.
I have no solution though, dropping it's rating would make it OP against other 750s. Acceptable anomaly I guess.

I don't mind tweaking upgrades to keep within a PP range though, as long as the AI plays fair. Then again Ride 2 was quite easy on max for me sounds like this is harder?

I don't know but Ride 2 and Ride 3 the speed of my computer was not that important, so maybe it is not such a good simulator, leaving all this aside, they have not thought that if the game is to walk, the rides tend to be to enjoy and longer than an intense lap to the maximum to reach a goal, if you think about it I think what I say is reasonable this would not have to be a game of better motogp lap. ¿Would you really think of a ride to take a very fast turn with a motorcycle and a circuit that you do not know at night or in the rain with dark or cloudy skies?

Last edited:
I don't know but Ride 2 and Ride 3 the speed of my computer was not that important, so maybe it is not such a good simulator, leaving all this aside, they have not thought that if the game is to walk, the rides tend to be to enjoy and longer than an intense lap to the maximum to reach a goal, if you think about it I think what I say is reasonable this would not have to be a game of better motogp lap. ¿Would you really think of a ride to take a very fast turn with a motorcycle and a circuit that you do not know at night or in the rain with dark or cloudy skies?
Then LEARN THE CIRCUITS!!!!

I don't mind tweaking upgrades to keep within a PP range though, as long as the AI plays fair. Then again Ride 2 was quite easy on max for me sounds like this is harder?
Harder? Most people say it is. But here's my take: Ride 4 is deep, far deeper than people think. There's nothing random. The AI have their own individual stats.
Take my nemesis, Sophie Lloyd. She's hard to beat. When she has one of the best bikes in a race, you're in trouble! Mehmet on the other hand isn't, he is just terrible on corners.
Here's the essential part: if you take your own individual,unique line through a corner, the AI doesn't predict what you're doing and theres a high chance of a crash. Exactly as it should be. Race like a sensible person and the AI WILL try and avoid you, go past you.
Ignore the complaints. If you are looking for a great, realistic race then get Ride 4. It isn't a walk over precisely because it's realistic.

Btw, the complaints are generally the players fault. I don't know the track, I can't just smash the race at maximum speed, the AI is in my way.
There isn't a way to get the rewards without earning them.
It smacks of self entitlement. I want it now, on my terms and I'm not going to compromise. I can't win the race so it's unfair. All of these posts are demanding that the races are made easier!
Compare those posts with people who are enjoying the game. Exactly the opposite attitude in dealing with a challenge.

Last edited:
I don't get the complaints about the track limits. They were harsh, the team made them less harsh. It's simple, stay within the white lines, they're there for a reason.

AI needs some work. I mean in some tracks they're easy to beat, in some other tracks no way you can beat them. But I mean, you can't always win, you take what you get and go on and try to do your best in the next race.

My solution for those hard to win races is in bike choice. Going for the fastest possible just brings more potential problems. You're loading yourself.
I go the other way. A slower bike, less upgrades. Unload, keep it simple so you can concentrate and exert more control in the race.
The key point is the higher rated bike you use, the AI does the same.

Harder? Most people say it is. But here's my take: Ride 4 is deep, far deeper than people think. There's nothing random. The AI have their own individual stats.
Take my nemesis, Sophie Lloyd. She's hard to beat. When she has one of the best bikes in a race, you're in trouble! Mehmet on the other hand isn't, he is just terrible on corners.
Here's the essential part: if you take your own individual,unique line through a corner, the AI doesn't predict what you're doing and theres a high chance of a crash. Exactly as it should be. Race like a sensible person and the AI WILL try and avoid you, go past you.
Ignore the complaints. If you are looking for a great, realistic race then get Ride 4. It isn't a walk over precisely because it's realistic.

So for me as someone who could more or less most of the time easily beat the old AI on max difficulty (3rd person) and 60% of the time on board should be ok V the Ai and have a closer race?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%