RIDE 4 RIDE 4 | Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone have released their latest bike racing title in the form of RIDE 4 - the biggest release of the RIDE series to date.
  • RIDE 4 available on console and PC.
  • Real world bikes and circuits.
  • Now includes endurance racing.
Two wheel fans have further reasons to be cheerful thanks to yet another bike racing release from prolific Italian development team Milestone. The fourth instalment in the increasingly impressive RIDE franchise, the new title offers more bikes and tracks and features than ever before, plus the inclusion of the often requested opportunity to race longer endurance events within the sim.

Ride 4 4.jpg

ABOUT THE GAME:

Are you ready to live the best gaming experience that a motorcycle fan can get?
RIDE 4 will spark your competitive soul with hundreds of bikes, dozens of tracks and a whole new level of realism.

New and Enhanced Contents

Choose among hundreds of officially licensed bikes and ride on dozens of tracks all around the world, carefully designed with an extraordinary level of detail! Every asset has been created starting from CAD data, laser and 3D scanning to achieve precision down to the smallest detail and let you enjoy the best two-wheel racing experience ever.

Choose Your Path.

Jump into an amazing and dynamic adventure that interacts with your decisions and choose your own path from the regional events up to the professional leagues. Show your riding skills through challenging races, ability tests, track days and a huge set of events. You could even become an official tester for the most celebrated manufacturers!

Ride 4 5.jpg

Day / Night Cycle, Dynamic Weather and Endurance Races

RIDE 4 features a fully dynamic weather conditions system and a complete day/night cycle. Experience the race in a new light and prove you are the best rider in any condition. And for the first time, the "Endurance" mode will put your tenacity to the test, with animated pit-stops and long lasting races: prepare to face a world where strategy is the ultimate ingredient of your success!

Neural AI

Let us introduce you to A.N.N.A. (Artificial Neural Network Agent), our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning. Race against faster, smarter, more accurate riders and compete with an AI more human than ever!

Expanded Customization

Race with your own style! Choose among plenty of official brands for your rider’s outfit and customize your bikes aesthetically and mechanically. Unleash your creativity and design your helmet, suit and bike livery in total freedom thanks to our new graphics editor. Once you’re done, share your creations online or just discover the best designs of the community

Online Competitions

Enjoy the most complete and lag-free online multiplayer experience ever thanks to our dedicated servers.

RIDE 4 is available now on both console and PC.

For more discussion around the new game, head over to the RIDE series sub forum and get involved with the conversation today!

Ride 4 1.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked at the bike list, pretty uninspired imo. The best selection for the fans of the weird and wonderful was Tourist Trophy in the PS2 days. Some really quirky stuff you'd perhaps only had seen in the peak of the grey import phase. Wish a bike game would have stuff like R1Z 2 strokes , GSXR400SPs etc.

I remember a time when you bought a game and got the lot. No doubt you'll have to buy all the oddity and iconic bikes as per usual.

I aways play any Ride with at least 100% AI and it still bad AI. Check your facts, mate :thumbsup:
Well, mate, I checked my facts and I'm still of the opinion that at higher setting the AI is fine. 105% when the bike is stock, 120% when the bike is upgraded.

My complaint is some if the objectives need rebalancing. Some are too easy, some too hard. I'm not expecting a level playing field. That would be unrealistic.
But I insist on a challenge, as a stupidly easy event simply isn't fun.
For the world licence, the Kanto overtake challenge isn't possible. I can get silver, but gold is probably impossible.

Some of the bike ratings are off too. I got the Ducati Desmosedici RR, the rating puts it viable in the races I'm doing. But it's nowhere near quick enough.

I'm hopeful that these things will be addressed in time.

I've really enjoyed Ride 4 so far. I've barely scratched the surface!
Immense, that's the word. I've had an immense amount of fun :)

The game has a fundamental design flaw: 95% of the tracks are race circuits, yet all of the bikes are street (although most of them high peformance) bikes.
90% road tracks and 10% circuits would have done the trick.

Erm, so it has race versions of almost all current suberbikes and 600's inculding endurance race models so that covers pretty much every race series on the planet bar MotoGP so i'm not really seeing your point.

Every model of bike from World and British Superbikes is there I dont really see what your on about sorry.

I don't know if you're old enough, but does anyone remember when the TZR250 took over from RD350 in headbanger racing in the UK? 1987 maybe?
I used to ride to Brands on my GP100, micron & mags fitted. GT50 front forks due to a mishap with a dead end. No kick starter, I snapped that off! Lethal is the word.
I've just been thrashing a TZR round Cadwell club circuit :) completely awesome!
FYI, the RD350 is coming in a DLC...my life will be complete!

I never got ride 3 but loved ride 1 +2, but in Ride 2 when I picked a Superport 600 I was often pitted agaist early lite Superbikes (like the early Aprlia RSVs) which kicked my butt, have they still got PP in the game and is it better than Ride 2?

AI is a massive step back compared to MotoGP 20. They divebomb as soon as they see a bit of space and they take you out. They can't acknowledge you track position, they're like on rails, when they commit to a racing line there's no way they back off, they'll just drive into you.
Playing at 100%. Never had these problems with MotoGP 20

16 million hours of training my a*s

It's a shame considering I'm loving the rest of the game, but AI disappointed me. I've been struggling with the race at Mugello Short in the 600cc Stock Cup because AI keeps divebombing into the last corner and takes me out

Last edited:
AI is a massive step back compared to MotoGP 20. They divebomb as soon as they see a bit of space and they take you out. They can't acknowledge you track position, they're like on rails, when they commit to a racing line there's no way they back off, they'll just drive into you.
Playing at 100%. Never had these problems with MotoGP 20

16 million hours of training my a*s

It's a shame considering I'm loving the rest of the game, but AI disappointed me. I've been struggling with the race at Mugello Short in the 600cc Stock Cup because AI keeps divebombing into the last corner and takes me out
divebomb them first so they fall, thats how i do it xD

I don't think a lot of you know the game Tourist Trophy on PS2, race events in that game usually contain ONLY ONE AI, so you're always doing one-on-one race and it was a fantastic experience, unlike the idiotic mess that Milestone loves to make - to be honest, MotoGP 3 has far better AI than this.

Controller vibration is reasonable with a Dualshock 4, you can feel some rumble when braking hard into a corner, and sometimes when riding over bumps.

So generally, Ride is fabulous when riding solo especially when you just want to do a couple laps, capture some cool action shots. But riding with a bunch of turd-tier AI isn't anything close to four-wheel racing games, why? Because when you get nudged by AI in a car, you still have some control over it, but with a bike? You can't do **** but to watch your rider sliding into sand pit, and you can kiss your first place goodbye... and AI in this game LOVES TO give you a snuggle!

So with money cheat in hand, I can safely ignore the crappy AI and enjoy the open road all alone! That's how you enjoy Ride 4.

Ride 4.jpg

Have you noticed the AI don't have a fixed line round corners? Watch a replay, see how they pick different lines and are aware of each other. They take avoiding action.
I've also noticed that the AI have preset characteristics. Sophie Lloyd is my nemesis. She's phenomenally quick, I've not beaten her yet! There's a Turkish guy, Complete git, doesn't play fair.

But yeah, Lloyd, I'm dive bombing her next time.

Anyway I managed to get working the steering wheel along with the Xbox 360 gamepad at the same time. Why you ask? So I can control the bike with the gamepad and use the T3PA Pro for throttle and brake.
Maybe it's kinda like cheating, but it feels much better now :D

Would Ride or MotoGP be better to start with?
MotoGP is focused on racing bikes and is better overall... Ride is a more plural game but master of nothing. It's a personal choice and I believe that is better for you to start with the proposal you like more, as both games have a lot of difficulty and riding aids settings to accommodate from rookies to veterans.

Last edited:
MotoGP is focused on racing bikes and is better overall... Ride is a more plural game but master of nothing. It's a personal choice and I believe that is better for you to start with the proposal you like more, as both games have a lot of difficulty and riding aids settings to accommodate from rookies to veterans.

I know I may sound cheap, but at fanatical.com they have a sale going on MotoGP. They have MotoGP20 for $18, MotoGP19 for $11, MotoGP18 for $8, and MotoGP14 for less than $2. For someone trying this out, is there a huge difference between these version, or can I go cheap and get the 2014 version for $2?

Edit: BTW...I don't play online.

Last edited:
I know I may sound cheap, but at fanatical.com they have a sale going on MotoGP. They have MotoGP20 for $18, MotoGP19 for $11, MotoGP18 for $8, and MotoGP14 for less than $2. For someone trying this out, is there a huge difference between these version, or can I go cheap and get the 2014 version for $2?
MotoGP franshise, before the 2019, was pure garbage. The 19 version was the first really good game in this series, a huge step forward for Milestone, and the 20 is even better. Possibly, MotoGP19 was the first flawless (or very close to that) Milestone's game lol, since the Ride franchise aways was full of holes and I just buy it because there is no other option on market (for a GT/Forza-like bike game).

I think that $18 for MotoGP20 is a very good price. You can go for that now and wait to see if Milestone will fix all the issues with Ride 4 (that are a lot) and don't break/nerf anything else as they aways do with this franchise's titles.

Last edited:
I personally prefer this. It has the tracks i like in sim racing like Nurburgring and Road America. I also find the tracks less of a challenge that motorGP has. Hey thats just me. Weather and time as nicer in this. But if its price then you could just go with Motogp. The learning curve on both is the same if you ask me. But how many time do i have to start on ride4 without being buried to the floor? They need to sort that out. Maybe i am just crap but moving to the right to stop a face smash is not ideal. And even then that is not always successful. I actually find Ride 4 more rewarding and i am not sure why. I like the controls, but rewarding when you pull it off.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years