RIDE 4 RIDE 4 | New Gameplay Footage Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone have released a brand new trailer showcasing the first gameplay footage from the upcoming RIDE 4 title.
  • New trailer shows the Suzuka Grand Prix Circuit.
  • Gameplay using the KTM superbike.
  • All footage currently work in progress, game to release October 8th.
RIDE 4 promises to be the biggest and most detailed entry into the long running Milestone two wheeled racing franchise, and as we draw ever closer to the October release date for the title, the Italian studio have decided to release a first gameplay trailer from the new title.

Taking to the Japanese Grand Prix course of Suzuka aboard a KTM - showing off the impressive graphics and further developments Milestone have promised to both the handling and behaviour of the many varied machines within the new game.

About the Game
Are you ready to live the best gaming experience that a motorcycle fan can get?
RIDE 4 will spark your competitive soul with hundreds of bikes, dozens of tracks and a whole new level of realism.

New and Enhanced Contents.
Choose among hundreds of officially licensed bikes and ride on dozens of tracks all around the world, carefully designed with an extraordinary level of detail! Every asset has been created starting from CAD data, laser and 3D scanning to achieve precision down to the smallest detail and let you enjoy the best two-wheel racing experience ever.

Choose Your Path.
Jump into an amazing and dynamic adventure that interacts with your decisions and choose your own path from the regional events up to the professional leagues. Show your riding skills through challenging races, ability tests, track days and a huge set of events. You could even become an official tester for the most celebrated manufacturers!

Ride 4 middle.jpg

Day/Night Cycle, Dynamic Weather and Endurance Races
RIDE 4 features a fully dynamic weather conditions system and a complete day/night cycle. Experience the race in a new light and prove you are the best rider in any condition. And for the first time, the "Endurance" mode will put your tenacity to the test, with animated pit-stops and long lasting races: prepare to face a world where strategy is the ultimate ingredient of your success!

Neural AI
Let us introduce you to A.N.N.A. (Artificial Neural Network Agent), our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning. Race against faster, smarter, more accurate riders and compete with an AI more human than ever!

Expanded Customisation
Race with your own style! Choose among plenty of official brands for your rider’s outfit and customise your bikes aesthetically and mechanically. Unleash your creativity and design your helmet, suit and bike livery in total freedom thanks to our new graphics editor. Once you’re done, share your creations online or just discover the best designs of the community

Online Competitions
Enjoy the most complete and lag-free online multiplayer experience ever thanks to our dedicated servers.

Ride 4 is set to release October 8th 2020 for Xbox, PlayStation and PC.

Want to get involved with the community about this new game? No worries, head over to the RIDE 4 sub forum and start up a new thread!

Ride 4 footer.jpg

Last edited:
Took you long enough. You completely missed all the news that came before that though. BSE has a few new gameplay videos too, including mini-moto action. Sim-racing is not only about cars....
Be realistic. Sim racing is SIM racing because of the closeness you can seemingly get with a wheel and pedals. Can't really do as much with a bike. I like Ride, and it IS part of sim racing, but this niche is mostly cars.

Buy a gamepad Then

Got one, lol.
Anyway, I'm yet to see a video where someone, using either a gamepad or a keyboard, runs flawlessly hitting all the curves at the right angle. EVERYONE goes wide in almost every corner. It's like the game somehow forces everyone to turn in the middle of the road.
I suppose a flying stick should be the best possible solution to archive the precision required.

Last edited:
Be realistic. Sim racing is SIM racing because of the closeness you can seemingly get with a wheel and pedals. Can't really do as much with a bike. I like Ride, and it IS part of sim racing, but this niche is mostly cars.
You make absolutely no sense AT ALL. Unless of course you're one of those who think racing simulation games simulate reality 100%. YOU should be a bit more realistic....
The bikes still feel quite heavy to turn for some reason but hey, at least they have god damn tire wear and pits.
How do you know this? It's not even out yet. And why bikes wouldn't feel heavy? They ARE heavy. In Ride 3 they felt like they weight as much as a moped and leaned way too fast.

How do you know this? It's not even out yet. And why bikes wouldn't feel heavy? They ARE heavy. In Ride 3 they felt like they weight as much as a moped and leaned way too fast.

I played Moto GP and it felt heavier and more difficult to turn while isle of man felt more agile. They did say Ride 4 will use the similar physics engine from MotoGP. MotoGP20 feel like I am constantly fighting to control the bike. Somehow it felt like Criterion NFS games that I am constantly fighting to turn the car which I hated it.

I know bikes are different from cars, Milestone motorcycle games feel like there is a lag or some sort of weird damping in turning the bike.

Motorbikes don't handle like that. People don't ride motorbikes with throttle control like that. If went out on my KTM and turned in and was repeatedly chopping the throttle on and off I'd be down the road. Watch an actual motorbike race the cornering looks nothing like what Milestone keep coming up with year on year.

These games are fun but they aren't realistic. I just take them for what they are.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.3%